Website design/hosting

Jun 1, 2009
Hey guys! So I'm finally getting around to starting up a website. I have one lady who is a friend of mine, who is offering to waive most of her fees for me, and just charge 75 a month to host it, design it, keep it updated, with unlimited updates and changes available at no extra charge, where some other places might have hidden fees for a certain number of updates. I would just have to get 1 extra gig a month via my website to make it worthwhile. Before committing, I'm trying to shop around though and see what else there is out there. Does anyone recommend a website building site that's fairly cheap yet effective? Thanks guys!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I use Wix ($8.25/month). Easy to set up (though it's not finished). They have html 5 now too. Much cheaper, though sometimes that can show. I host with Godaddy for $12.99 per year (less than two dollars a month).

If you're not into web stuff at all, then $75 is a fine deal. And perhaps, even though it's more money, it might be worth it for you to avoid a bad site.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
There are an abundance of free website creation sites out there like Wix, Wordpress and Mr Site, they'll never be as good as what a competent web designer can produce though.
Personally I think $75 p/m is a lot of money. Host the website yourself, it's cheaper. It costs me approximately $50 every 2 years for hosting and for my url.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
You are getting hosed man for that kind of money. My site hosting fee is $100 for the ENTIRE year and it looks professional with no ads or anything. It is through www.bludomain.com
You choose the template / look you want, you make the modifications and edit it how you want. You pay for the template and then pay for the hosting fee.

Jun 1, 2009
Awesome, thanks guys! The lady gave a lot of valid points of how I will benefit more than using someone else, but I think the resources you guys gave will give me good views of what else is out there.

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013
Unless you need a major amount of updates done every month $75/month is very expensive. You should be able to have a site built that is easy for you to update yourself once it is done and unless you are seeing very heavy traffic the actual hosting fee shouldn't be any where near that price.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
$75 a month for web hosting way too much for a website. The only time I would say that it is worth it, is if your website has a ton of content on it. (being that it's going to be a website for clients to contact you on and see referrals.) $75 is overkill.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results