Website hosting...

I was wondering, how much do sites like T11, Dananddave, Ellusionist, Waynehouchin, Exomagic...etc. pay for their sites? What hostings if any do they use. I don't really know how the site managment/developments work. Any thoughts, it would be great if T11 staff could respond.

Thanks

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
theory11 operates multiple dedicated servers to handle the traffic load across the site - including media section and forum activity. In addition, all of our premium content (videos you buy) are served by a CDN - content delivery network. In a nutshell, a CDN is a network of thousands of servers worldwide that have duplicate copies of content. That way, the system can automagically know where you live and serve content to you from the server closest to your physical location. While more expensive for us, this ensures that downloadable videos are delivered to you very quickly, regardless of where you live or how close you are to one of our servers.

We run our servers at Rackspace, which is a bit like the Ferrari of dedicated servers. Rackspace is one of the most respected dedicated server hosts online, which ensures that we retain 99.99% uptime and 100% safety of your order information. Hope this answers the question while providing just enough techno-language to clearly identify me as a nerd.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results