Weekly Community Creativity Contest

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Weekly Community Creativity Contest: Card Magic

Hey Guys and Gals and Inbetweens,

I've had this idea for a while now and decided to see what you guys think of it and hopefully see how it plays out amongst us.

Basically each Tuesday (may end up being every other), I'll post a topic/subject for you to base a patter around. you then have one week to submit a video performance of a card trick of your choice including your patter. Confused? Let me give you an example:

---------------

This week's topic: Mitosis

GenericPersonBobby posts a video of him performing Dan and Dave's Twinsplit Remix, showing how you can divide a cell or something.

---------------

It's really that simple!!! The idea of this contest is to get your creativity going and help you write and incorporate patter into your tricks; hopefully we'll get to see some great performances and patter in the process!

The rules! The rules I hear you cry! We need rules! Yep, yep we do. So here they are:

---------------
  • Patter must be your own! It's okay to share ideas but let's not clone each other folks. ;)
  • No profanity! These are family forums and not everyone wants to hear an f-bomb dropped every 5 seconds. If you feel your humour can't contest without it, then you must clearly state in your post that the video contains profanity.
  • Always check your videos for flashing! You don't want to see a flash and neither do we.
  • Be creative! It doesn't matter if it sounds silly or you're making it up, if you're being creative and thinking then that's great!
  • Crediting - ALWAYS credit your tricks and patter if you borrow ideas from others! Credit given where credit due. :)
  • You can use whatever card trick you like, it MUST be cards! You may use gimmicks, gaffs and accessories of the sort. This is all about being creative.
  • You CANNOT under any circumstances use video editing! That's just crazy talk.
---------------

And that's it! :D Nothing more, nothing less! Once everyone has submitted a video, an independent judge will pick 5 of the best and we'll have a poll for that week where we can all vote on who's we think is the best.

Erm, prizes... yeah... >_> well unfortunately I'm not in any position to give out prizes or the such so you'll just have to suffice with the knowledge that you've won and you can put it in your signature or something. :p

So what do you all think? And without further ado I give you this week's topic!

This Week's Topic Is:
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION

All Submissions must be entered before 11pm EST Next Tuesday. That's the 4th March.

Cheers,
- Sean

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
*applauds* i think this is actually a better idea than bringing back jesus...

seriously man this sh!t (am i allowed to say that?) is such a good idea, im in...

ps. could i help judge man? id love to do that!! (though i would like to enter, i wouldnt vote for mine obviously)

now to get my thinking hat on, im obviously not gunna perform subway, or a transpo effect as that may be a little obvious, but i could perform something with nudity?? :D

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
What are we being judged on. Is there like a rubric.

Patter, creativity, style and entertainment value :) Obviously good magic is going to help with that too. But this is mainly creativity and entertainment and letting your mind run wild :D

- Sean

EDIT: Like I said, an independent judge will be watching these and judging them. NO it will not be a magician, it will be a lay person. :)

Feb 25, 2008
Patter, creativity, style and entertainment value :) Obviously good magic is going to help with that too. But this is mainly creativity and entertainment and letting your mind run wild :D

- Sean

EDIT: Like I said, an independent judge will be watching these and judging them. NO it will not be a magician, it will be a lay person. :)
Layman judge eh? Interesting twist.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results