What are some good tricks/DVDs for Street Magic?

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
I'm kind of interested in doing some loops and disappearance of small objects because they seem really popular for street magic.

Anything really powerful and easy that you'd recommend?

I don't like coin-bottle penetrations too much though because they require planting most of the time. Not really my style, haha..

Jan 10, 2009
new jersey
Frankly my favorite after almost buying every trick here I would go with........Witness by lee asher is by far my favorite! It leaves everyone in the room floored. They can question in the my mind all they want but won't figure out s@#T! Seriuosly and it involves no gimmicks. I haven't seen some people in months and they still talk about it. Great runner ups would be Pressure, Lit (signed version) explained on dvd. There's alot, and there's alot that are misleading like downfall by dan hauss. But on the other hand flow by dan hauss is great because it happens in the spectator's hands just like witness. Off topic try some books like Pit Hartling's Card Fictions.....excellent! Hope I could be of assistance. Good LUck!

Sep 1, 2007
Threads like this are rather predictable in that most of the responses are going to be, "Buy more Theory 11 products!!"

Get yourself a copy of Royal Road to Card Magic, Modern Coin Magic, and Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. You'll have the fundamentals down pretty quickly.

Sep 5, 2007
Learn the basics and you'll have more weapons than any ninja could ever teach you.

Oh, snap. Don't you feel proud?

On topic: I'm going to assume from your post that you are acquainted with the fundamentals and want to do something that isn't cards or coins. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "disappearance of small objects" (topit lol) but I guess if you want to use loops then the Yigal Mesika/Finn Jon set would be a good place to start. You should check out the Spiderpen also; it's along the same lines.

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
Anything involving less cards?

I usually do cards when there are tables because some people just plain don't get them.
Something visual, like I said, maybe some loops?

I actually have Lit, I'm more impressed by the self-lighting match than the actual trick, haha..Not really sure where to get the "gimmicks" yet, and I don't like putting matches in my mouth too well. And lastly, a waste of matches. =(

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
Oh, snap. Don't you feel proud?

On topic: I'm going to assume from your post that you are acquainted with the fundamentals and want to do something that isn't cards or coins. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "disappearance of small objects" (topit lol) but I guess if you want to use loops then the Yigal Mesika/Finn Jon set would be a good place to start. You should check out the Spiderpen also; it's along the same lines.

Sorry for the double post, but yeah, less cards. Disappearance of small objects, like..I'm not quite sure on how to explain it, but a simple object like a coin and without sleeves, one hand is opened, then the other, and it's gone.

And for loop experts, are they risky?
Because in the afternoon is when I plan to do a lot of them, and I don't want anything shining.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Either get Mark Wilson's Complete Course in magic or Joshua Jay's : Magic The Complete Course.

Both can be found on Amazon for a pretty cheap price and pretty much anything in those books can be done "On The Streets."

Mar 2, 2008
I agree. It's totally impromptu and easy. I had it down in like two days. There's a full performance of it in the link in my signature.

Yea after watching your preformance i might get it. Good video but that beep was kind of annoying haha.

(p.s. I subscribed)

Sep 1, 2007
Do not buy any hyped stuff from Ellusionist.
Most books contain more tricks than DVDs do.
I agree. It's totally impromptu and easy. I had it down in like two days. There's a full performance of it in the link in my signature.

There's a certain irony at work here.

Anyway, if you're looking to do fewer cards, Bobo's Modern Coin Magic has all the essentials for coins listed and a lot of the sleights and tricks can be adapted with relative ease for other small objects.

I would also invest in a Thumb Tip along with a good book and DVD on its use. There is no better way to vanish small objects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results