What are the essential items for a mini show?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask a couple things... first.. the title of this thread... what are the items that you would carry if you can only take the absolute minimum for a close up show (not only decks, but other things too) to ensure you are prepared, with the minimum set of things..

And second... If you participate on this thread, I want to ask you privately about a "gear" I am working on for that purpose to hear your opinion on it.

have a great day everyone!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I mean, technically I don't need anything on me to do a close up show.

It also kind of depends on what you are referring to here -

If I'm just out and about and decide to perform, I probably only have a heavy coin on me, if anything.

If it's a show I'm hired for, I'm going to have all my props. A book for a book test (Atlas Obscura), acupuncture needles, razors, maybe a pendulum, Pain Game, my Voodoo Doll, and some Tarot cards. Two tables, one to store props one for performing.

If it's a theatrical Seance, again I can do it with nothing but I'd at least want Tarot cards, pendulums, a candle with a holder and matches, and a mirror. Oh, and at least one table and one chair.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I mean, technically I don't need anything on me to do a close up show.

It also kind of depends on what you are referring to here -

If I'm just out and about and decide to perform, I probably only have a heavy coin on me, if anything.

If it's a show I'm hired for, I'm going to have all my props. A book for a book test (Atlas Obscura), acupuncture needles, razors, maybe a pendulum, Pain Game, my Voodoo Doll, and some Tarot cards. Two tables, one to store props one for performing.

If it's a theatrical Seance, again I can do it with nothing but I'd at least want Tarot cards, pendulums, a candle with a holder and matches, and a mirror. Oh, and at least one table and one chair.

I see Pain Game, I upvote. That one looks fantastic for a show

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask a couple things... first.. the title of this thread... what are the items that you would carry if you can only take the absolute minimum for a close up show (not only decks, but other things too) to ensure you are prepared, with the minimum set of things..

And second... If you participate on this thread, I want to ask you privately about a "gear" I am working on for that purpose to hear your opinion on it.

have a great day everyone!

My question is if you're referring to close-up at a table, or close-up where you'd be standing, or if it's a mix.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Picking from my favorite effects that pack small:

Four Coins (with an optional Shell) in a Pouch for Coins Through Table
Four Worry Stones in a Pouch - For a Eugene Burger Routine Written for Prayer Beads
Pictures for Houchin's Houdini's Influence
Post Cards for My Version of French Postcards (featuring Magicians and Pin-Up Girls)
Ninja Rings
Cards for Packet Tricks Including Garcia's Wildcard (Regular and Mirror versions), Bannon's Spin Doctors, Bannon's Bullet Party, Bannon's Duplicity, Colombini's Restless Colours, Blomberg's L-I-A-R and the indelible Color Monte
A selection of gaff cards for a Stranger Card routine, Gustaferro's Truth in Advertising
An Omni Deck
A Decks of Cards (with the necessary extra cards) for Omni Deck, Sankey's Carbon Paper, Houchin's Counterfeit Hollingsworth and Ong's Triumph Squared
Lighter for Carbon Paper and Counterfeit Hollingsworth
Envelopes for Steinmeyer's Fan Mail
Chopsticks, Chinese coins and cord for Wakeling's Cords and Coins

I wouldn't perform all of these in a show (only one or two packet tricks at most), but this gives me a lot of options. This all will fit in a 6in x 10in x 3in LL Bean Messenger Bag.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results