What are you about? Why are you here?

Sep 1, 2007
Ok, so i'm going to start this whole thing off with something I've wanted to know for a long time.

I want to get to know most of the people on these forums, but I want to know, how serious are you? what are you about? I'll go first, please everyone can write up as much as they want about themselves and theory about magic and other things, just so everyone knows where you stand, are you a hobbiest? or a performer?

I'm Austin Fields, 16 years of age, got into magic a little over 2 years ago, I'm a performer, I believe magic is a pure art form and should be practiced and treated as such. I believe no matter how skeptic or how disbelieving someone is you can treat them to a good show of magic I'm not one of thoes types of people that think if your performing for adults you perform skill and present it as such, because they won't believe it's magic. I believe it's art, that it's entertainment, and something that should be respected. We may be secret keepers, but were still entertainers. I love to perform, I feel as if I'm graced with such an art, I will practice and present it proudly and openly, I love magic, I wish to dedicate myself to it and hope I make it, it's more than an art to me, it's a passion, to entertain, and amaze. Entertainment is in my blood, it runs through me, always wanting me to be the center of attention. I believe magic is not the art that we do, it's the feeling someone gets when they've just seen something that blows them away. Magic is a state of mind.

Thats brings me to why I'm here, I'm here to learn and teach what I know, I'm here because I take this seriously, I want to do this for the rest of my life.

This is who I am, Austin Fields magician.

~Beans

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm Allan Luu and I am a magician. I lvoe magic as a hobbie for now. In the future I want something that is going to bring me money (not to sound greedy) so I can live a good life with a nice house and if magic is going to do that for me then I will be happy to say that I am a magician for a living. But fi magic isn't going to do that for me then maybe it will just be an icebreaker when I am at a club when I am older.

For the mean time, I take magic very serious. I take it in as a true art and as an artist I strive to bringing people the magic and making there day just that much better.

I am also a skateboarder and to me magic is very veristile and I lvoe mixing my magic and my skateboarding together just to give people the feeling that magic isn't just pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

~~~~~

Nice thread by the way, it really got me thinking.

Aug 31, 2007
Imagination Land
Hy my name is J.D i just moved to morocco which is freakin' great! since there are "no " magicians where i live im kinda building a reputation in my school (american school ) even tho im only 14
ive been doing magic for 1 year and im loving every single second of it
my favorite trick is by very very far Stigmata by our dear Wayne Houchin !

:cool:

Sep 1, 2007
Sweet man, thats cool, just make sure you speak morracan? (sp?) not meaning to be offensive, just make sure you speak the local language so you can get a job at restaurants and the like. Could be a great start for you. Nobody has any standards for you to work towards.

~Beans

Aug 31, 2007
Michigan
Sweet man, thats cool, just make sure you speak morracan? (sp?) not meaning to be offensive, just make sure you speak the local language so you can get a job at restaurants and the like. Could be a great start for you. Nobody has any standards for you to work towards.

~Beans

From what I remember in French class, they speak French in Morroco.

Sep 1, 2007
haha, thanks David, I knew that sounded a little off, anyway back on topic. What are your goals in magic JD?

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Who am I?

My name is Cory Landels, and I am from Victoria, Canada. I have been interested in magic all of my life, but it has been a serious hobby of mine for almost two years now. Magic is something I really love, and I feel that it raises a lot of awesome issues. I currently work at a restaurant every Monday night, and perform at any other event I can. I am 14 years old, and one day I'm gonna show the world what I can do...

My dream is to be able travel the world and shoot a documentary with other magicians about life, and just having fun and making the most out of it. We'll use magic to get the message across, and the film will change the world.

Well, I've travelled various forums in the *cough* 3 months I've been doing magic. My real name is Cody Cowan Lust and I live in Vancouver British Columbia. I am fairly new to magic but have learned and spent many hours into practicing and performing and can perform anything (basically) I set my mind on. I will soon be adding numerous videos to my youtube account of my performances and create my own graphics and such as well as techniques (I have a pop/beer can effect I have in the works). And that's my story up to now.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Hey man, don't worry about the lack of experience, it'll come. I am also a big fan of trying to change the world, or make some kind of impact on society with magic. I really think it's a powerful enough art that can influence a lot of people. For the record, I would love to be in your video Corey.

My dream is to learn all different kinds of magic and be good in all of them, and show everyone that magic does exist.

~Beans

I'm from Victoria, Australia. Although I'm not a magician myself, I thoroughly enjoy the art and the creativity that fuels the community, I myself am more into the Cardistry/Flourishing side of this website. I love cards, I'm not sure why, but I carry them with me everywhere, though the lack of creativity in card magic (Don't lynch me) led me to move to the Flourishing side of card work, the kind of amazing things some people can do with a deck of cards is mind blowing. My favorite field of magic would be Mentalism, being a big fan of Derren Brown (I know not all his work is mentalism per se, but that's why I love it) and Luke Jermay.

Sep 1, 2007
Beirut Lebanon
I'm Hasan Saleh, and I'm from beirut Lebanon, although i was born and lived in the USA for 7 years. I started magic at the age of 12, but everything i did was pure me. I had no idea that magic was such a big society. My magic was mainly coin tricks, and some lame math card tricks. Then this year i saw a magic trick online, and came up with the idea of the double lift. I traveled to the states to find out more about magic, and here i am. I have got tons of magic DvD's, but i mostly try to figure out magic on my own. Once i realize the magic trick is really nice, i end up buying it.

Btw Arabic is the main language in Morocco, and french is the second language. Arabic is one of the hardest language. I take it at an easy level (beginner literature) and i barely pass.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm 16 and my name is John, thats it. I was born with out a last name. (just kidding)

I'm all about creating a connection with my audience and showing them something amazing. All I want to do is blow there minds.

Why am I here? because this is where the magic is.

Aug 31, 2007
Well my name is Vasay Bari. I'm 17 years old and currently living in Fernley, Nevada. I was born in Pakistan but lived most of my life in Canada. Been doing magic for about an year now and it's a huge hobby of mine. I spend a lot of time on it but also have fun in the process. For me magic is all about the reactions. My goal in life is to be a heart surgeon...who can do magic. Hope to have a good time here on Theory 11.

Oh HeTal, I speak a little bit of Arabic too. Not very good though.

Sep 1, 2007
Hetal,

sweet man, to start magic from a different stand point is great, go along a path that you make yourself and see where it gets you, totally original ideas are all your going to come up with, keep it up man!

S3al, good answer to why your here.

great, mid open heart surgery i'll have Vasay over me going "pick a card any card.... and magically.... the card ends up INSIDE your heart!" o_O

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
wow we have a lot of young magicians here..its good to start out early

hi..i'm Jesse and i'm from Singapore..and no i'm not a female it just happens that my dad name me after Jesse James >.<

anyway i'm 20 years old and in 2 weeks time..will be going to the army for 2years (which is mandatory for all males here)...which i hope i can still find time to practice the sleights and stuff

i've been into magic ever since i was like 7-8years old..i remember the local tv over here only screens david copperfield performance and i was pulled into the world of magic after watching his very 1st show

however i only started going really serious into magic like maybe 2-3months back as you dont see a lot of magic shops over here (i only know 1 shop here)...so i did not know where to buy the products and stuff..until i found ellusionist

as much as i love magic..i dont think i'm gonna use it as an occupation..maybe in the future when i feel that i'm skilled enough..i'll go do some charity performances or something

i'm mostly into cards and coins and i love visual..in your face magics where the effects just happens right before the spectator's eyes uncovered and there's no logical explanation to it..well at least to them..i also only got to know XCM recently and will be buying XB soon..flourishes are great ways to kick off tricks imo

this site is looking good..looking forward to more future product releases

Sep 1, 2007
Name's Brundo (not really, but I don't want to take the chance and find out one of you are really a 40 year old bus driver that gives out "candy" in the back of his black van ;), I'm turning 14 in a couple of months.

I've been into magic for a year now. I'm mainly interested in PK stuff, although I do have some card/coin sleight of hand tricks up my sleeve when I don't have a gimmick on me.
Came here because Ellusionist is to commercial for me. You know, your not allowed to mention other magic sites there or any tricks that aren't sold there.

Anyway, I hope I'll enjoy my stay here and wish this newborn site good luck!

-Brundo

Sep 1, 2007
hi i'm from Singapore , 16 years old, 3 years in magic. My name sounds chinese so i think i'll stick to my username.
i got into magic after watching david blaine, the way he amaze people. i wanted to do just that, and i'm glad i can do it now. i believe magic as a bridge between people, it gives people hope and takes them out of reality momentarily. i enjoy giving them this experience. i'm serious about magic and intend to take it as an occupation, although it will not be easy.
I'm into mentalism and magic with everyday objects and nature,as well as card.

i am also a member of the ellusionist forums, i think both sites are great. look forward to the upcoming products..

Sep 1, 2007
Here to witness the revolution

Hey everybody,
The guys name is Anup 'Ace' Ghatage. I'm from India. I'm basically into walk around and close up magic, also interested in mentalism, flourishing, watch stealing, theatrical pick pocketing, and escapology ,6+ years experience.
Apart from Magic my other interests are video editing, direction and making music. Mostly Rap metal/nu metal.
I'm happy that a new site with some of the most talented names in magic has come up and raised the stakes.
Cheers!

My name is Jeremy Kama, and I am from Hilo Hawaii. Why magic? If you ever have a chance to learn something amazing would you learn it ? Magic is one of the most interesting thing i came across. it started out as something new to learn( or something to do while doing in between jobs) ever sense i pro from in front of my friends I became really interested of how to be a pro former. how to get the reactions from people i don't know. i just started with magic (6 months). so i never go out there and pro from in front of people in the street. i want to prefect my routine then i might go there a try.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results