What can WE do to improve the forums?

Jan 18, 2009
I've been reading through a few of the threads on the forum topics and I have to say that there is a bunch of uselessness on here. I'm sure many people are aware of what I am talking about, and I really don't want to bust on any fun people may be having.

I don't expect or would want people to have boring long discussions of serious matters, but talk of someones favorite playing card or giving a three sentence review of a great product w/e it may be.

Maybe we can help clean up and start to make some long lasting discussions instead of overcrowding it with bland and unfulfilling subjects. So what can WE do to help improve the forums so it's easier to search, and actually look forward to a good discussion instead of trying to figure out which is better, the red or blue nuggets.

Apr 11, 2009
Only reason i made that forum was because i'm new and i looked thru a few pages of forums and didn't find many with stuff about favorite cards, and the ones i have i don't like okay? Otherwise i agree with above comment

Jan 18, 2009
It wasn't directed at you, I have seen a thread like that a while back when I was scouring through some old threads.

Sep 3, 2007
Maybe we can help clean up and start to make some long lasting discussions instead of overcrowding it with bland and unfulfilling subjects. So what can WE do to help improve the forums so it's easier to search, and actually look forward to a good discussion instead of trying to figure out which is better, the red or blue nuggets.

You know what we can do. We can focus on each post that we type. We can let go of our egos for a second and spend a moment of time willing to help others. We can stop playing with ourselves and try to make some good posts. We can forget about looking the other way about stupidity when we know it is right under our nose. I agree with you completely.

The only problem? You are dealing with morons mixed with geniuses. There is no solution when it comes to that.

Great ideas though.

Mar 26, 2008
Los Angeles
i think the forums should be mostly about presentation and on theory other than the new tricks that came out or your favorite trick in the royal road(you should read the whole book and see what suits you because your style is always going to different, what works for someone might not work as well for you).that was kind of off topic but whatever.

Apr 28, 2008
I agree that many of the threads are useless, I can't believe there's still threads asking 'What are the best cards?' 'What is the best trick?' There seems to be about 2 good threads on each page. There's so much junk posted that it hardly seems worth using these forums. I rarely use this forum to ask anything or get help anymore as the last time I did it took 8 posts until I got a serious reply. The rest were just people attempting to be funny or giving single line answers with nothing to back up their point, most threads end up like that.

Jul 7, 2008
Norway
The mods should delete all the pointless threads. Or delete everything. Give it a new start. People rearly look back at the old posts anyway.

Sep 1, 2007
We can let go of our egos for a second and spend a moment of time willing to help others.

Or even just listening to them. That's why so many people have been driven away from these boards: there's a lot of talking and comparatively little actual listening. Most likely because when you listen, you don't always hear what you want to hear, and I'm sorry to say that a lot of people here just aren't mature enough to handle that.

The only problem? You are dealing with morons mixed with geniuses. There is no solution when it comes to that.

And the morons hold the majority.

The rest were just people attempting to be funny or giving single line answers with nothing to back up their point, most threads end up like that.

And here is revealed another problem.

Everyone tries to be funny or novel because they think it creates a more free-spirited forum. It doesn't, it just creates cretinous insipidity and useless circle-jerking. They have nothing to contribute, so they wave their arms and shout, "Look at me!" while doing a stupid dance to get attention. That is not a substitute for wit. It's the approach that results in films like Disaster Movie and Meet the Spartans.

And the one-line responses in my experience typically are either a single sentence regurgitating a store-bought opinion, or some mindless fellatio for one of the Theory 11 artists and their products. There's a distinct culture of brand-specific consumerism here that stifles deeper thought. I'm not placing the blame on the magicians running Theory 11 as they can't control what they're drooling fans do. The blame is on the forum population for being content to be spoon fed.

The mods should delete all the pointless threads. Or delete everything. Give it a new start. People rearly look back at the old posts anyway.

They can't do that because about 50% of their customer base is white teenagers, a demographic more likely to invoke Godwin's Law than any other. In the words of Gentleman Johnny Marcone, "It wouldn't be good for business."

Apr 28, 2008
Forum is fine. Why improve when there's nothing to improve on?

I'm not really sure how you can say that, in an average thread at least 50% of the replies are completely useless. I constantly see the same 5-10 people who consistently give useful and well thought out replies, another group who constantly post moronic comments and the rest are somewhere in between. Maybe you (and I imagine many others as well) are content with mediocrity, some of us aren't.

I'm not really sure how you can say that, in an average thread at least 50% of the replies are completely useless. I constantly see the same 5-10 people who consistently give useful and well thought out replies, another group who constantly post moronic comments and the rest are somewhere in between. Maybe you (and I imagine many others as well) are content with mediocrity, some of us aren't.

I've also noticed lots of the "smart group" don't post very often. I guess they figured out that posting at the Theory11 idiots (Or the E idiots, or P idiots or ANY idiot) is rather like trying to teach a tree to tap dance.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results