What change is this?

Sep 24, 2008
In the split spades video at about 1:40 - what change is that is what is a good resource to learn it properly?

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
You are talking about the duct change and it is taught (briefly) on the Trilogy in the explanation of De'ja Vu. The creator also released a dvd with an in depth focus on this great move... his name and dvd escapes me... I'm sure someone else can tell you more.

Hope this helps, somewhat,

-PTG

Sep 24, 2008
You are talking about the duct change and it is taught (briefly) on the Trilogy in the explanation of De'ja Vu. The creator also released a dvd with an in depth focus on this great move... his name and dvd escapes me... I'm sure someone else can tell you more.

Hope this helps, somewhat,

-PTG

thank you - I will await the creator and DVD so that I can do this one justice - it is a beauty in my opinion.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
if your talking about the one where he lifts the card off the deck and snap/springs it back onto the face and it changes than its called the Duck Change i believe. Although it might be spelt different like Duct or some crazy bologna like that. I learnt it off of the trilogy and thats the only resource i know. if your talking about a different change than please specify more so i can tell cause 1:40 is actually a deck production of sorts.

Sep 24, 2008
if your talking about the one where he lifts the card off the deck and snap/springs it back onto the face and it changes than its called the Duck Change i believe. Although it might be spelt different like Duct or some crazy bologna like that. I learnt it off of the trilogy and thats the only resource i know. if your talking about a different change than please specify more so i can tell cause 1:40 is actually a deck production of sorts.

that is the one I am referring to - sorry it is actually at 1:41 - lighten up ;)

Does the Trilogy teach it in depth by chance? And I hate to buy the trilogy just for the one change that I wish to learn :-/

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
that is the one I am referring to - sorry it is actually at 1:41 - lighten up ;)

Does the Trilogy teach it in depth by chance? And I hate to buy the trilogy just for the one change that I wish to learn :-/

sorry, wasn't trying to criticize just make sure i gave the right answer. The trilogy glances over the change but teach's it adequately. All you really need is the basic technique and time to practice and play with it yourself. It doesn't really warrant more than that in my opinion. And besides that, if you bought the trilogy you would be getting SOOOO MUCH MORE than just one change. you'd be getting an amazing dvd with amazing material from magic tricks to flourishes. If you dont flourish at least look into getting disc 1 and probably disc 3 depending on your skill level. if you want more info ask any specific questions and id be more than happy to answer if i can.

Sep 24, 2008
sorry, wasn't trying to criticize just make sure i gave the right answer. The trilogy glances over the change but teach's it adequately. All you really need is the basic technique and time to practice and play with it yourself. It doesn't really warrant more than that in my opinion. And besides that, if you bought the trilogy you would be getting SOOOO MUCH MORE than just one change. you'd be getting an amazing dvd with amazing material from magic tricks to flourishes. If you dont flourish at least look into getting disc 1 and probably disc 3 depending on your skill level. if you want more info ask any specific questions and id be more than happy to answer if i can.

kewl thank you :)

I know all the basics - I figured that by watching it several times, I am having trouble with the "flip part - hope that is not to revealing - maybe I should PM you?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
A tip given to me: Practice with a 6 of any suit - fingers line up with the row of 3 pips closest to the same edge as the hand you're using (right line of pips for right hand). After that, it's just a knack.

Sep 24, 2008
ok, I will now be practicing this for a while as it is dynamic, visual, stunning and leaves you able to hand the card back to someone - I am going to use it in my ACR - thank you all for the help on this one :)

The Duck change takes a knack. Couple of pointers for you:

-Experiment with different angles, both right and left.
-It's how the card rolls off the THUMB. I found that I can still do this change when switching fingers from middle to index to ring.

Sep 24, 2008
The Duck change takes a knack. Couple of pointers for you:

-Experiment with different angles, both right and left.
-It's how the card rolls off the THUMB. I found that I can still do this change when switching fingers from middle to index to ring.

that landing and shoot is what I am struggling with right now - I am sure that with practice it will be one of my favorites

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results