What color changes do you guys perform in real life?

Oct 3, 2017
I am obsessed with colour changes, I do them for myself on video, in the mirror and sometimes in real life. I've noticed, I can't do many color changes in real life because they are too angle sensitive. Take the bertram change for example, very beautiful change however the angles are not too good. What colour changes do you guys perform and how do you overcome angle issues?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The Bertram Change was originally published in 1983 - a time when anything designed specifically for cameras would have been more or less useless. It works fine with live audiences, you just have to be aware of sight lines.

I don't do any color changes in my shows, because I don't do any card magic professionally. If I happen to be doing card magic for someone, I'll use my version of the Classic Change, the Bertram Change, the Be Kind Change, ChanGe, and Shapeshifter.

Oct 3, 2017
The Bertram Change was originally published in 1983 - a time when anything designed specifically for cameras would have been more or less useless. It works fine with live audiences, you just have to be aware of sight lines.

I don't do any color changes in my shows, because I don't do any card magic professionally. If I happen to be doing card magic for someone, I'll use my version of the Classic Change, the Bertram Change, the Be Kind Change, ChanGe, and Shapeshifter.
Thanks, I'm guessing you are a big fan of Tony Chang.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ehhh .. "big fan" may be a stretch.

I like the degree of technical skill required to do his tricks, but I also like that the reason they are difficult is because the difficult sleight is the best choice - he doesn't do it just to show off. He's smart about how he chooses material and how to make it seem like "real" magic (as far as cards go, at least).

His material is fun to practice for me, but like I said, I don't do card tricks in my professional work, so I wouldn't really consider any of it performance quality (for me) at this time. I'd have to dedicate a couple months to practicing before I could do much of it any more.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I perform the Snap Change and the Twirl Change (originally published as the "in lieu of the through the fist move"), I have a few versions of the classic color change as well that I do often. I perform the Cardini Change as well as a change from lateral palm that seems to be all the rage currently. The impulse change is amazing and very angle proof. My change I Love Trains is a go to as well. It can be done at eye level completely surrounded.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbcecVjlWwd/?taken-by=joshuakburch

https://www.instagram.com/p/2FNY2MpFfs/?taken-by=joshuakburch

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results