What do do with five identical decks

Oct 4, 2022
I put in an order for five one-way decks (random value, no choice) but asked that they not duplicate any. Unfortunately the request was not only ignored, but acted upon in reverse, so five decks of 3S are on the way, LOL. The seller is kindly rectifying it by sending replacements, but without asking for a return of the duplicates. ow I need some ideas of what to do with that many.

I like three-way force decks, so making one takes care of one fifteenth of the cards. Adding some other forces or a portion of indifferents, I can make two such decks, so that's 2/15ths taken care of. I'll probably make the back of one all Spectrum deck backs, for a rainbow of colors and the world's very first Spectrum force deck.

I have half a deck of short blue 808s, so I can make a Mr. Sven. That leaves me with 115/30 decks left (3-5/6 decks)

Any good ideas? I'm not a fan of revealing a whole deck to be identical as a final surprise, as I think it just shows the deck to be gaffed, so I want to avoid *that* kind of application, but I could do something R&S'd.

I considered taking one and marking the backs, then went for another cup of coffee...

(No, of course not really.)😆

Reactions: Khaleel Olaiky

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
A Card in Transit - Jinx Issue 3, Page 10 (message me for slight changes in handling to make it easier). The effect requires a card to be signed each time it is performed and it is helpful to have the same card used for each performance. Similarly, any card trick that requires a signed card you can force the card.

Alternatively, do an ambitious card trick using a Jack of Diamonds. At the end, when the spectators surmise all the cards are the same, show them the deck of 3S. H/T to @Antonio Diavolo who mentioned this in a chat a couple of weeks ago.

Make a McCombical Deck or a Mirage Deck.

Do a card to spectator's pocket effect but put-pocket the 3S into all of your spectator's pockets. "Wait, your selected card is not in the deck... sir, could you check your pocket? How about your pocket Miss?"

Make business cards by printing (or putting clear labels with printing on them) on the 3S.

Make a deck of cards where the top half of every card (or you could split the faces on the diagonal) is the 3S.

Learn card origami.

Mercury card fold practice.

Oct 4, 2022
Thanks! You are always so helpful!

I am definitely buying the Jinx back issues now. It gets mentioned so often that it seems to be a must-have.

Thanks, one of your comments has inspired me to make one knockout of a deck. I will definitely enjoy that, as labor intensive as it will be. In fact, I think I'll use a Spectrum deck i/o a monochrome 808 for part of it. That will be a riot.

"card to spectator's pocket effect but put-pocket the 3S into all of your spectator's pockets" -- Excellent. Particularly doable with a home audience. My wife will be particularly easy to fool with this one.

I do have a number of one-way decks, so I can already do some of the ones you mention with those too, but it's nice to have a list of ideas to do with one-ways in general. Much obliged!

The other items I'll have to look up to see what they are, but that's a good start. Again, many thanks!

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
Watch Chris Ramsey and Wes reacting to their appearance on Ellen.

They did a throwing knife card trick, you don’t have to do the same method, you could use only one board and a force, it’s a nice idea especially if you do stage shows from time to time.
Maybe you could put a normal deck on the back of the board, flip it at some point for examination.

Reactions: Dragonbones
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results