what do u do when

Apr 1, 2009
California
if you pull it off perfectly, then it's still most likely your presentation. Sure you may think you have a great presentation. And you might, but if THEY don't think so, it won't matter. It must appeal to them. Know what makes your audience tick. It could also be that they don't care for it so much. Just like there are sometimes songs we find amazing, but others hate. OR simply enough, you performed the trick less than par.

but what do you do? You move on... you can't really force your audience to enjoy something. They either did or didn't. what's the point in arguing with them.

Oct 1, 2010
i dont say all the people i just say some and i do to them dan and dave tricks from trilogy chad nelson tricks from surfaced and i practice 100 times before i perform so they must be fooled and amazed lol

Feb 4, 2008
HaHa well if you are doing Trilogy effects 100 times might not be enough. I've been working the Queens on and off for over six months and I am not totally happy with it. Also you have to realize that that extreemly visual style appeals more magicians who can appreciate the dedication it takes to make those effects look good than they do towards a lay audience. A well presented invisible deck or card to pocket routine will wow the laity a lot more than many of those effects.

Apr 1, 2009
California
The Trilogy has incredible effects in it. But I still to this day believe their work is best suited for practice. They have sleights within the effects that can easily be adapted for workable performable material, so they're definitely worth learning. The problem with the Trilogy is that so many inexperienced people are picking it up and performing it. This is a collection of material that looks great when you have a very solid grasp of your technique. Fluidity is key. To this day my best reaction has come from Ashes on Arm. Easy as pie. but plays big. 100 times of repetition will not cut it either... especially for these tricks and sleights. You need hours upon hours. not amount of times you've done the trick but the amount of time you've put into it. Quality over quantity. Perform what you want. Trick selection is completely up to the performer... but know what you're performing. KNow how youre performing. and most importantly, know who you're performing for.

Sep 20, 2009
Is Your "Character and Persona" Strong? does it fit cohesively with 'what' you're performing? do you pay attention to "Timing' 'Tension' 'Direction' 'Psychological Factors'

or are you just showing a bunch of "Visual Rubbish"?

Apr 1, 2009
California
I don't think the choice of effect is the issue here. It's the conjoined recipe of trick and audience. And that's being said not knowing what the performance was like.

Jan 19, 2009
I think the trilogy is great for sleights,
but I dont think the audience will like the trick as much as we magican do, because we know how hard the trick is too do.
If that make any sense.
I think if you do tricks from the trilogy, the audience will know its a sleight, they will think its cool but not be amazed.

Example.
If you do a simple card control to the top and then a double lift, and then blow on the top card too show its their card,
I think you will get more reaction from that if you play it right.

Trick that get them involved, the trilogy then you just show some trick.
Easy hits harder.

Apr 30, 2008
Sweden, Vänersborg
I think the trilogy is great for sleights,
but I dont think the audience will like the trick as much as we magican do, because we know how hard the trick is too do.
If that make any sense.
I think if you do tricks from the trilogy, the audience will know its a sleight, they will think its cool but not be amazed.

Example.
If you do a simple card control to the top and then a double lift, and then blow on the top card too show its their card,
I think you will get more reaction from that if you play it right.

Trick that get them involved, the trilogy then you just show some trick.
Easy hits harder.

Lets not forget about Subway. Thats a great effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results