What do you call yourself?

Sep 9, 2007
Just curious what everyone here goes by titlewise.

magician?
illusionist?
card manipulator?
something else?

I personally don't know what to call myself. I cringe at Magician/Illusionist, not to mention they're so unoriginal. I usually say "I'm not a magician, I'm (name) and I do card tricks" but that's getting old...

C

clarrus

Sergeant, and you'd better be at parade rest and you address me.....

Sep 8, 2007
mock magician? i'm not exactly at a level where i can consider myself one, yet i perform several effects by other magicians and have not created any of my own :D

I got by Mitchell. I prefer people to think of me as me rather than a magician. That's why when people come up to me, they don't say "Hey, you're that magician!" They say, "Hey, you're Mitchell the guy who performs magic."

A small difference but it makes it so much more worthwhile.

Mitchell

I let people call me whatever they want. I'm not gonna be like "NO, I AM NOT A MAGICIAN, I AM ANTHONY, GET IT STRAIGHT!!!!" I just let them call me whatever. If they think i'm a magician, so be it. If they think i'm an illusionist, that's fine with me. But on my business card, it says "Entertainer".

Anthony Bass

telling people you do card tricks doesn't separate you from anybody else. there are people who do card tricks and there are people who do magic. you need to distinguish what you do. everybody knows al least one card trick. anyways i read this a long time ago. i call myself a magician/mentalist.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
I started out as the Optical Illusionist due to my eyeball act. It was a joke that stuck. Nowadays, I tell people that I am an entertainer but I am thinking of trying out the monniker "Incidental Comedian"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results