What do you think about this drawing duplication ? this is amazing

Apr 12, 2018
What do you think about this drawing duplication ? this is amazing :

i don't have an idea how... this is amazin drawing duplication and also, lior suchard perform the same drawing duplication!

(START AT 3:35)

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
What kind of thoughts are you looking for here?

Personally I find his style to be too frantic, too "magic trick"-y for my tastes. But he's doing rather well for himself so he must be doing something right.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
FOR THE TRICK (DRAWING DUPLICATION)

I understood that part. Are you looking for critiques on his style? Are you looking for subtleties he's using? Are you just wanting people to agree with you and say, "Yeah that's awesome!"?

My thoughts are that he performs mentalism like a magician, and has a tendency to trample all over his volunteer's reactions. But, on the other hand, he's doing far better than I am, career-wise, so it must be working for him.

he lost me ? in what sense?

Pretty sure he means he stopped watching/caring. Saying, "all these cards are different" is just running when someone's not being chased. There's no reason to say it, and it's generally thought of as poor script writing.

Aug 15, 2017
The trick is great, srsly speaking. Whether or not it is scripted, uh...I dunno. But in a performance like that for such audience where the ''target'' audience is not actually the ones taking part in his performance, anything could happen.

As for his style...see, this is the first time I am ever seeing him. Doesn't hhis style seem a bit...ONLY FOR THE LACK OF A BETTER TERM...fake? Forced? TOO happy?

I dunno...cool effect tho :)

Saying, "all these cards are different" is just running when someone's not being chased.
Unless, of course, the magician INTENDS the audience to think it is a trick deck for some reason. So in your opinion, the keyword is generally, right?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I say "generally" because for every rule of theater and performance, there are going to be valid reasons to break said rule, and some pedantic person on the internet is going to try to "call me out" on it.

That being said, almost every time I see someone saying, "All the cards are different", it's not with theatrical intention. It's because they've always said that, and all the other magicians they know say it, and no one questions it. In short - they say it, because that's what the instructions said to say.

Aug 15, 2017
I say "generally" because for every rule of theater and performance, there are going to be valid reasons to break said rule, and some pedantic person on the internet is going to try to "call me out" on it.

That being said, almost every time I see someone saying, "All the cards are different", it's not with theatrical intention. It's because they've always said that, and all the other magicians they know say it, and no one questions it. In short - they say it, because that's what the instructions said to say.
I did point out the fact that you said generally, which I agreed with :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results