What do you think of my video?

Mar 8, 2010
Heyya.

I've been doing flourishing for 2 years now. Yesterday I got very bored, so I filmed this video. I often feel after two years I should be better than this, but I seem to have hit a wall where I can't improve, whatever I try.

Anyway, what do you think? I know some of the moves look sloppy, but some others I'm quite proud of. Any constructive feedback would be nice, so I can try and improve :)

[video=youtube;Hey4peaZbAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hey4peaZbAI[/video]

Cheers, Rob :')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hey4peaZbAI

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Hey Rob!

That's great work! The fact that you can't feel yourself improving is a good sign. It can be a good thing to take a break every once in a while. When you come back to it, you'll be much better. Instead of practicing the moves you can already do, try expanding your base. Go beyond what you're comfortable doing and keep going. A bigger foundation will let you learn moves easier in the future. Avoid letting your hands do mindless moves (moves without having to think about them). Instead, try to utilize your time doing the more difficult moves which require concentration. Never let your mind relax unless you're trying to create. After a few months time, the moves you have been doing in the past will have improved tremendously.

Hey Rob!

That's great work! The fact that you can't feel yourself improving is a good sign. It can be a good thing to take a break every once in a while. When you come back to it, you'll be much better. Instead of practicing the moves you can already do, try expanding your base. Go beyond what you're comfortable doing and keep going. A bigger foundation will let you learn moves easier in the future. Avoid letting your hands do mindless moves (moves without having to think about them). Instead, try to utilize your time doing the more difficult moves which require concentration. Never let your mind relax unless you're trying to create. After a few months time, the moves you have been doing in the past will have improved tremendously.

That's great advice Andrei. I recently started trying to learn some new flourishes, and I can honestly say it has improved my overall flourishing. My pandora is way better now than it was before.

Mar 8, 2010
I will be sure to give that a try. I noticed that recently I haven't pushed myself like I used to. If I try and learn something new which I find hard, I just return back to my old flourishes. I'm learning nothing new that way! It is hard though to practise new things which are difficult, but I know it'll pay off in the long term :')

Can I just say Andrei, that you've been a great inspiration to me with your videos. You have inspired me to become better at flourishing; watching your videos makes me pick up my cards and practise solidly. Thanks :)

Thanks again for the advice :)

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Nice video, sure, not everything is as good as it can be, but 2 years is not a whole lot, when you think about the amount of moves you have learned to do perfectly and the amount of moves you have learned to do.

Oh and, loosen your grip a little when you do Akira, it will be much easier to perfom it smoothly then.

Dominik

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results