What do you think?

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
I came up with an utility move a few months back that can be used to do several effects such as a color change and the effect in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6cBWDEzCH4
The effect in the video is my favorite to perform with the move and I think that it is a really strong effect to perform. I would love to hear what you guys think about the effect!

I posted this on the Card Magic forum the other day but it is a trick that I am considering publishing to the wire so I figured I should share it here as well. Any feedback is appreciated. :D

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hey this is a good trick and will prove to be very powerful. If you want to publish this on the Wire it will be rejected. While the effect is powerful and the method is sound the method is completely reliant on classic slights. The utility move that you have independently discovered is the KM move created by Tony Kardyro and Ed Marlo. The idea from the beginning with this move was to make a prediction appear on a playing card. The way that you "burned" the prediction into the card is a common method as well although not necessarily in the way you use it. This method is commonly used to remove pips from a playing card.

I hope that helps, by all means use this trick on a regular basis it is definitely a worker. The Wire will not take it though.

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
Thanks! I was concerned about it not being an original sleight but this is a trick that I enjoy performing and use a lot.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results