What effects have you added to your act...

Nov 13, 2017
We all buy l and l products and dvds teaching us magic. Im curious what effects did people add to there act from all the dvds and downloads we all own. Lets say you bought the psi series of banacheks or richard osterlinds mind mysteries. I find alot of tricks we never use in our routine. Maybe because alot on the downloads is 1 or 2 great tricks and alot of hit and miss. Id like to hear what everyone uses in there act ,)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I rarely add magic I bought to my act... most of the time my routine are self made or combinations of trick I download or buy...

Luis... how are you my friend? Good to see you posting.

I rarely add material to my act that isnt mine

Anyone seeing a trend here?

I've been working on a needle swallowing routine using Jim Steinmeyer's method in Device and Illusion. I picked up Kainoa Harbottle's Victorian Coins and an trying to figure out a presentation using the concept (have some vague ideas about my Grandparents during the Great Depression). I had picked up Zandman's Sherlock Holmes and Banachek's Psychokinetic Touches as I start building a mentalism show. All of the effects, props and books I get sort of do a long audition. Only when they have evolved to presentation pieces that I really like do they make it into the show.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
I reacently added the messado rings, and perfect square to my act. And I am trying to find a way to incorporate the Zandman book test in it.

Jan 1, 2019
Well, I only do mind reading tricks to impress family and friends so keep it all very basic and simple. Less is more in this case.

From Corinda I use the SG and the CT. Richard Osterlind´s DVD set was also a good source of information on these subjects. From Peter Turner I use a DD and last but not least an easy but effective-book test which I found on YouTube.

Thats about it really.

Jan 1, 2019
Forgot to mention that I also use Ran Pinks version of the CT. Great stuff!

Jan 1, 2019
Oh, you were asking about L and L products. Sorry. Than only Richard Osterlind´s 6 DVD set about Corinda's book.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I've been doing pretty much the same effects for most of my career. The methods and presentations change over time, though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results