What effect's would you like to see next?

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
If you had imput into the Theory11 creative team, what types of effects would you like to see? With all that knowledge in one room, can you imagine what they will be able to come up with? List 3 effects you would like to see. Mine are:

1. A levitation (object or self) that looks as close to real as possible(whatever that looks like haha)

2. An impromtu coins across with an impossible last coin across finish.

3. A mentalist effect that would leave your spectators in a coma (I am not a mentalist, but would love to see what this camp can come up with)

What are the 3 that you would like to see?

Regards,

Jeremy

Sep 1, 2007
Estonia
1. A self, or object LEVITATION. Very visual, and not hard.
2. Very visual change, not extremely hard, and not extremely sensitive angles.
3. Very hard hitting mentalism effect. For example, spectator thinks of something ( a number, playing card, etc.), and its guessed by magician.

But i would really like to see some products on the GEAR 'section'

Henri

Sep 1, 2007
I would like to see a signed card to impossible place sorta thing. Or a singed ard through window.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Great topic, this'll be fun.

Hmmm there's so many possibilities...

Ok, my three are:

1- A practical and visual real world signed card through window with as least cover as possible (maybe a whole new look to the way it's performed).

2- I would also love to see a mentalism effect, but something different to whats available. Im not really sure what exactly, but I want something fresh and different.

As we've already had mentalism named i'll think of something more specific so as to help get a larger variety of effects.

How about a card to somewhere on the spec (pocket, shoe etc), maybe even the whole deck, or maybe the same but with coins... ending with a pile of change to there pockets or maybe a coin actually in there watch.
it would need to be practical and workable.

3- A finger ring routine where a borrowed ring is seen to melt from finger to finger, and ending with the ring back on the specs finger.

Those are some ideas... I look forward to seeing what others come up with.

Sep 1, 2007
signed card in spectators mouth XD and must be practical XD just kidding

i dont really care i want to see witness

or i want to see my signed card through window or signed coin in table or my newest trick ink! OR joke!

Sep 1, 2007
Europe
3. A mentalist effect that would leave your spectators in a coma (I am not a mentalist, but would love to see what this camp can come up with)

You mean something like Derren Brown did in Zombie, but instead of making the spectator sleep you want your spec to have coma?

Cool, why not. But don´t leak it to the bad guys because they might use it as a tool to rob banks or something.

Sep 1, 2007
Im not really sure what I want to see next. All of your suggestions seem good, but I want them to surprise me, I want to see something I havent really seen before.

Sep 1, 2007
You mean something like Derren Brown did in Zombie, but instead of making the spectator sleep you want your spec to have coma?

Cool, why not. But don´t leak it to the bad guys because they might use it as a tool to rob banks or something.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic, but I think he was speaking metaphorically, as in not literally leave them in a coma but shock them with the effect so much they're nearly put into a coma...

Plus I doubt you could do that effect without audience cooperation, so robbing a bank with it would be extremely hard.

Wow! Something I can really give some input on !!!

1.) This is something I've wanted for a while... A version of coins across, where you cleanly see 3 coins go into one persons hand, and you make them jump to someone elses hand... As hard as that would be.

2.) Lots of impromptu card magic. Everyone can use more of those.

3.) An object levitation where you ask for a small object from a spectator and it is capable of levitation.

I might be back with more... =)

Sep 2, 2007
I've had some ideas about different effect, and some other ideas about how'd they'd work.....

1. a colour changing, signed, card to wallet.

2. An impossible coin in bottle

3. a SICK colour change

TRM

Sep 1, 2007
how about a DVD with really good tricks that have never been published?
or a DVD that shows us essential sleights that we should but dont know (I know thats not an effect)

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Im not really sure what I want to see next. All of your suggestions seem good, but I want them to surprise me, I want to see something I havent really seen before.

Yeah me too, I would like to be surprised and see stuff ive never seen before.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I would like to see more coin stuff from BJ's bag of tricks. I would like to see Aaron put out a video on his take on the pass and other card sleights. I would like to see a few things from Dan White in all honesty, simply because I love his approach to magic period. I would bet a few beers that Chris has a stack of things he is just waiting to dust off and let loose on the public.

I really don't need any more effects in all honesty, these days I more enjoy reading essays and magic theory just to stimulate creativity. These are just ideas for down the road when I want to learn something else and can afford it.

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Worcester, UK
Ive always wanted to see somone put there index finger through the palm of the other hand. and see it on the back of the hand. Then pull it back through.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results