What exactly does Derren Brown do...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slicke, Jan 27, 2010.

1. If u had to describe the art of Derren Brown in one word, what would it be ... mentalist, magician, hypnotist etc ..

How would u describe him ... ?

2. how would I describe him?

God.

3. Mentalist. Plain and simple.

4. I agree with AsherF only ONE word can describe him...

GOD!

5. Ummm... how would you describe an apple in one word?

Juicy, sweet, tasty

I'm sorry, but he's all of them.

6. Entertainer

That's all I got, don't bother reading this, I put it in black for a reason.

7. He's a mentalist plain and simple. Even tho he says he's not. Which he also often says he's not British either.

8. Are u sure you mistaken by him saying he is not a psychic instead of mentalist ?

9. Entertainer,

He does it all, Mentalism, Hypnosis, Misdirection, slight of hand and more.

he is GREAT at what he does, so one word to describe him

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

10. your MOM.

kidding.

his sleight routines are amazing though.

11. Sexy.... <,< >,> Whaaat?

12. dont like him xD

13. He is and always will be a human. I describe him as a psychological entertainer, some say he is a Mentalist. My question is, why do we have to categorize people of such sorts. If you say he is a mentalist then you are right, if you say he is a magician, you are right. He mainly uses mentalism and magic techniques mixed with an epic juice of theatrics, persona, luck and total BS.

Mikk.

14. I logged back on and saw the Sheer delusiveness.

He is a Performer. A True Magi (leaving the labels of Magician, Mentalist, Hypnotist, Entertainer). How?

To Perform does NOT mean to pretend. But to live it. True in all that he does.

15. Mentician...

16. thats a good one. :D

----

i don't really have a single word to describe Derren. He does so many different things on stage that it is difficult to pin him down to one thing. i guess if I really had to pick, it would be genius.