What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2009
Behind a mask
It's been a while since I have logged into the forums, and now that I'm back, I'm pretty dissapointed that there isn't a single half decent thread in the forums, I'm scrolling right on the third page and all I see is advertisement for new tricks, silly questions like "what do you think about jay sankey" and things of the like.

The only thing worth seeing are some of the performances that some users here have posted. Only that.

What happened? I didn't expect the forums to be in this shape. I expected at least 2 or 3 threads discussing something interesting or something regarding magic performance or theory. I'm on my fourth page now and still nothing.

How sad. Could somebody point me in the right direction to a good ol' thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
It's been a while since I have logged into the forums, and now that I'm back, I'm pretty dissapointed that there isn't a single half decent thread in the forums, I'm scrolling right on the third page and all I see is advertisement for new tricks, silly questions like "what do you think about jay sankey" and things of the like.

The only thing worth seeing are some of the performances that some users here have posted. Only that.

What happened? I didn't expect the forums to be in this shape. I expected at least 2 or 3 threads discussing something interesting or something regarding magic performance or theory. I'm on my fourth page now and still nothing.

How sad. Could somebody point me in the right direction to a ol' good thread?

Welcome back bro! Try page 5... That one has some good stuff on it!!!

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx

How sad. Could somebody point me in the right direction to a good ol' thread?

then contribute!!!

it is very easy to just leave and then come back sometime later and complain..isn´t? instead of improving the forums by posting a nice topic and discuss, you created a thread complaining about how bad the forums are....

next time please do something useful for this forums....

Aug 14, 2009
Behind a mask
then contribute!!!

it is very easy to just leave and then come back sometime later and complain..isn´t? instead of improving the forums by posting a nice topic and discuss, you created a thread complaining about how bad the forums are....

next time please do something useful for this forums....

To what purpose? To see the thread die 5 minutes later?

I already posted in like 6 threads today. Read before you talk.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
To what purpose? To see the thread die 5 minutes later?

I already posted in like 6 threads today. Read before you talk.

Is more read before you post...and I read some of your posts...really unhelpful...please think before you post something or don´t post...

and also with a really low post count, I can safely presume that you donpt contribute a lot...

Aug 14, 2009
Behind a mask
Is more read before you post...and I read some of your posts...really unhelpful...please think before you post something or don´t post...

and also with a really low post count, I can safely presume that you donpt contribute a lot...

Hahaha, you guys make me laugh.

Whatever, see ya around. I'm not going to justify myself to someone of irrelevance to me.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
As I've personally stated on a number of occasions, this community is what YOU make of it. We have more artist involvement in these forums than anywhere, but this is a message board based on user generated content.

As such, some days some threads may not appeal that much to you at all. On other days, you may find a goldmine where every thread suits your tastes. However, because this community is composed of performers and creators of all types and ability levels, each thread will not appeal to each and every member.

What's the best way to influence that, though? Contribute! :)

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
As I've personally stated on a number of occasions, this community is what YOU make of it. We have more artist involvement in these forums than anywhere, but this is a message board based on user generated content.

As such, some days some threads may not appeal that much to you at all. On other days, you may find a goldmine where every thread suits your tastes. However, because this community is composed of performers and creators of all types and ability levels, each thread will not appeal to each and every member.

What's the best way to influence that, though? Contribute! :)

I couldn´t agree more...but I don´t like when someone come here and complain and when I check how he has contribute here...I find nothing...so how can he complain when he doesn´t contribute?

just my 2 cents

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I couldn´t agree more...but I don´t like when someone come here and complain and when I check how he has contribute here...I find nothing...so how can he complain when he doesn´t contribute?

just my 2 cents

Contributing goes way beyond than just having a "high post" count, back in the days when I used to chat a couple of guys from here and myself chatted along with this guy, he had some good advice and even helped some guys (that I'm sure they can testify) with moves like the top shot and others.

I kinda agree with his point, a lot of times I just find it useless to post in threads of relevance or making new threads just because the other guys just don't care about them, take the "g.o.p" for example, I have bumped it till death and just as I bump it, it dies, it casually pops out when somebody tries to make an effort to bring it back like Davey or Zac, but as I said, most of the times I find it useless to post anything new.
Relax bro. Some of the comments were out of the line.This is a forum, nobody has the correct answer, we just have opinions.

Sep 1, 2007

What good is it giving you a good topic if you don't know what to do with it? That's the main reason I go on long breaks from this place and only come back to kick up a few hornets' nests by being my usual charming self. Closest thing most of you get to actually using your brains.

Which is good in the ad copy, but in practice... not so much. Why? Fans.

I couldn´t agree more...

Case in point.

but I don´t like when someone come here and complain and when I check how he has contribute here...I find nothing...so how can he complain when he doesn´t contribute?

Who are you and why should I give a ****?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I kinda agree with his point, a lot of times I just find it useless to post in threads of relevance or making new threads just because the other guys just don't care about them, take the "g.o.p" for example, I have bumped it till death and just as I bump it, it dies, it casually pops out when somebody tries to make an effort to bring it back like Davey or Zac, but as I said, most of the times I find it useless to post anything new.
Relax bro. Some of the comments were out of the line.This is a forum, nobody has the correct answer, we just have opinions.

Yes...just look at the "How to get a kiss successfully after a trick?" thread...I only look at it once and people still post there..sometimes only to bash the creator of the thread...

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Justice, you seem to know a lot in what makes a good thread, so instead of posting something (something useless...) saying how much recent threads sux, how bout' you post something interesting ...

Sep 1, 2007
Yes...just look at the "How to get a kiss successfully after a trick?" thread...I only look at it once and people still post there..sometimes only to bash the creator of the thread...

And the few of us who stepped in to say, "Hey! Pack that **** in!" See, this is where you kind of look like an *******. I saw unacceptable behavior, so I called people on it. I told them it was wrong and that they could all kiss the sexiest part of my ass if they didn't like it. You decided on the, "Ignore it and it will go away," solution. But you don't get rid of roaches by ignoring them.

In fact, your inaction only exacerbates the problem because it gives these miserable little snots the impression that they can run rough shod over anyone they want and turn the forum into their personal playground. And when someone calls bull****, you chastise them for not contributing enough.

And oh yeah, if we're using post count to measure the value of someone's contributions, then I'm so far up the hierarchy that if I tell you to get me a margarita, you do it. In fact, do it anyway. Make yourself useful.

Justice, you seem to know a lot in what makes a good thread, so instead of posting something (something useless...) saying how much recent threads sux, how bout' you post something interesting ...

Again, what's the point when you apes just drop the ball anyway?

Sep 3, 2007
Yep, that's why I made this thread, so someone could point me to some threads in wich I could participate.

Sir Fans did, and I partcipated.

Luis, chill out, this is internet.

Awww. That was just circumstantial. I don't usually do that! Unless of course there is good reason. Thanks for not being a BONER Justice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results