What is 2CM?

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
I would say it is. A magicians version of the Con Game 3 Card Monte. But of course it can be what ever you want it to be.

J.

I honestly think the name 2CM is a great misnomer. There is no similarity between this trick and any gambling routines (although you could patter about gambling and stuff like that). It has nothing in common with any monte routines out there.

If you check out the original writeup of Eddie Fechter's trick "Be Honest, what is it?", you will find that the effect is a transformation of two cards as opposed to a transposition. After the transformation has happened and the effect has sunk in, the magician pulls the two original cards out of his pocket, which is almost an additional effect. In other words, the effect is significantly different from the standard version of Dr. Daley's last trick, which is a two card transposition.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I think AsherF nailed it right on its head.

I've presented it as a memory test, cheating method, transformation, and transposition.
I've settled on transposition at this point and hasn't changed in awhile, but really it holds much more room for different presentation to be labeled as one particular effect.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Hmm, just thinking, I wonder how it would play if you did the switch with two dupes. So it appeared that just the two cards switched places. Anyone tried this? Then of course one could finish with two new cards.

Hmm. I'll have to try this.

j

Apr 1, 2009
California
I remember a fantastic idea on the Kard Klub DVD. I forget who did it... Basically he started out with an actually switch where most people do the fake switch. he actually impossibly steals the card. It uses one dupe, but it's a great way to start it out I think. His performance wasn't the best, but the idea was brilliant.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results