What is magic?

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Well i have had people ask me many questions and one that tends to come up most often is "What is really magic?"

Well.

I am not frankly sure.

ALot of the time i think the spectators play a big part in the realm of magicians.

I mean we woul dbe nothing with out them.

but beyond that i am not sure.

Magic is anything from miracles of life To Something That has no true answer.
Or it could just be something our brains cant justify as logical so therefor we call it magic.

We can call black holes magic because we really dont know whats in them. Sure there is probably a big sppace of blankness. But it could also be to another dimension.

OR my favorite explanation which happens to be my own. is that a balck hole appears every time a washer or dryer is turned on. This is why we always loose are left sock. *Yes there is a big difference between left and right socks*

But yeah.

Magic is everything.

Life. Its magic. Take that home. Eat it. I hope it taste good.

Hope you enjoyed that.

Lets hear what you have to say about magic. What do you think magic REALLY is?

~Jordan~

Sep 1, 2007
I think magic is something like new generation , when you look reactions , then u start thinking magic is really here , with his new generation ,

Sep 1, 2007
I think magic is a state of mind. A place in someones heart and soul that never really grows up. People don't want to believe they are held in by the physical limitations of the world, everyone secretly wishes that some how they could bend reality. Showing them effects sparks intrigue in that area, even if the person isn't even aware of it, and they get very involved because... who wouldn't want to really be able to do the stuff we pretend to do. Magic is something you create/find in someone, magic isn't what we do, it's what we try to create as artists

~Beans

Magic is whatever you interperate (sp?) it to be. Magic for some people can be getting a cheque in the mail, others is buying their child a toy and surprising them and seeing their face. For most of us it's amazing someone with something that should be impossible to do. But, it's always how you interperate it.

-RA69

Aug 31, 2007
Imagination Land
MAGIC is the ability of having a 14 years old teen impress a 50 year old scientist lol

anyways ive been doing magic for 1 year and i can say that whenever i amaze someone with a trick my heart warms up with MAGIC.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Good input.

When i think of magic i think of amazement and then i think of children. Because no look of amazement beats a childs face after a simple sponge routine.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
What is magic?

Magic is the word we use to describe something we cannot explain. When we see magic we are curious, and eager to find the explanation. But there is always something in our minds that makes us believe that the explanation is, well... magic.

Magic to me is the astonishment you create in someone after a trick or an effect, even though sometimes to you it seems that its just another trick or effect to your spectator you can be creating miracles or doing the impossible.
And just bringing that joy to people is what i call magic.

and i guess you can also interpret magic as, look i pulled a rabbit out of a hat using magic.

"Magic" = false information+ sleight of hand+ misdirection

No, that's trickery, if all your magic is is nothing but tricking people, then something is wrong. That's not magic. It's hollow deception, Empty of anything but lies. That's not magic.

I think magic is an emotion, a worldview, a lifestyle. One truly experiences magic when they see the whole world with amazement, fascinated by everything. Magic is when you believe fiction, and question reality. Magic is something you feel, not something you do. There is hardly an explanation for what magic truly is. The most we can do is try.

Stir in some of that magic with your trickery. And you get miracles.

just my two cents..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results