What is the best deck for faro (weave) shuffles?

Faro shuffling is a knacky technique. The more you do it, the easier and more natural it will feel regardless of which deck you use. The most difficult aspect of Faro Shuffling for most isn't the actual weave-- but the initial estimation of exactly 26 cards for the necessary cut to perform a perfect Faro.

RS.

Sep 1, 2007
California
On another note from the difficulty of actually cutting to 26 cards, I find that Tally Ho Cards work the best. If you wanted to practice some hardcore Faro-ing, buy a few Ellusionist Custom decks. they are thick enough and actually faro both ways, if my memory serves correctly, and can withstand a LOT of faros without screwing up the edges. If you're more into regular bikes, take notice that cards are cut in a specific way and will only faro facing a particular direction. This is true for some more than others, and some decks you'll get lucky and there isn't much of a difference.

Sep 30, 2008
Tally ho's best for faro-ing hands down, whether they are worn down or brand new they always faro very well.

Oct 9, 2008
Thanks guys, my question was more, which deck would last the longest when you keep on faroing the cards. But since u answered tally's i'll try'em out...

Thanks again.

Sep 1, 2007
California
For practicing, I suggest getting yourself a Viper deck. It's fairly consistent with the "feel" of a tally ho deck, but at the same time it's a bit stocky. Faro those to gain strength and control, and then move to regular tallys to exert that muscle fitness.

Sep 1, 2007
California
Umm the new bikes are plastic? Uhmm... not so quite sure of that. I have a new deck with me right here and they seem to be of the same stock as before. And no, Plastic Cards will not faro consistently well. The plastic Bikes may be able to , but I know of other plastic card types that will NOT faro AT ALL haha

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results