What is the best product theory11 has?

Nov 27, 2010
hey everyone. With Christmas coming people are asking me what I want. I wanted your opinion of the best magic tricks, card tricks are on Theory 11. There are 100's of products so I wanted your opinion for the best. It can be anything from beginner to expert, I am just looking to see what to buy now and in the future.
ps whats your thoughts on the trick colorblind?

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
First of all, we can't tell you which effect you would like the most. Everyone has their own style and taste in tricks. Browse through the tricks and look for the ones you like best.

Second, Colorblind is kind of a formal trick. Not an everyday thing in my opinion and should be done by people who are mentalists, in my opinion. But as I've said before, it depends on what you like.

hey everyone. With Christmas coming people are asking me what I want. I wanted your opinion of the best magic tricks, card tricks are on Theory 11. There are 100's of products so I wanted your opinion for the best. It can be anything from beginner to expert, I am just looking to see what to buy now and in the future.
ps whats your thoughts on the trick colorblind?

The fact that you said 'from beginner to expert' suggests you don't actually want anything specific and therefore just want to get something for the sake of it. If that is the case then don't bother getting anything. Also, you're planning on buying stuff. Don't. Plan on buying something and then learning it. Don't become a 'trick monkey' who's only concern is what new 'must have' trick he will buy next.

Magic has the potential to be a very expensive hobby. Don't let it take you 10 years (as it did with me) to realise you don't have to get new stuff all the time. You're clearly a beginner, so you're probably better off getting a book or two and then not buying anything else for quite a while.

Rev

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
This is your third post where you began by saying, "what do you guys think the best _____ is?" There is a reason there are demo videos. It seems that all you want to do is ask everyone what they think is the best and then just go out and buy that. IF you have a personality, then you should be able to chose any trick you like and make it fit for you. I just think you will have more fun with magic, if you think for yourself.

Nov 27, 2010
please don't get the idea that i buy everything that i see. i in fact dont have many trick so i am therefore trying to see what other people like so that i buy something worth while. it seems that a lot of the tricks look good from the trailers so im just trying to see what everyone likes. then i look at the trick and see if it is my skill level and i consider buying it or asking for it for Christmas. Sorry if you got the wrong idea.

Jun 10, 2010
i can haz spln sklz?!?!?!

Please, learn to type properly. I can't even understand you properly half the time.. Perhaps that book on English grammar would better suit you than any magic material theory11 has..

Jul 27, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I like Colorblind, but it is not something that I use everyday. It is more formal. If you are a mentalist than I recommend this to you a lot. One reason I do not like it is all handlings require gimmicks or setup. If this doesn't bother you then you should buy it. As for your first question I agree with the above posts.

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
i can haz spln sklz?!?!?!

Please, learn to type properly. I can't even understand you properly half the time.. Perhaps that book on English grammar would better suit you than any magic material theory11 has..

Thank you!

Do you have Royal Road to Card Magic? What about Modern Coin Magic? Or perhaps Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic, 13 Steps to Mentalism, Practical Mental Magic, Tarbell, etc. These aren't the "hot, new releases," but they are a few of the books that you can get which will improve you greatly as a magician. I'm sure even Theory 11 would agree with me that there is a TON of stuff not available at T11 which is essential for beginners.

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
Actually, I believe this is the third or fourth time. Lol :p

Yep! Go back and look at schwarzeneggermagic's old posts. They are all either asking for advise on sloppy, performance videos that show little or not practice or posts that ask useless questions like, "what should I buy" or "what is the best ____." I hate to bring up other forums, but he does this on the Ellusionist forum too! And no matter what the post is, he has such terrible grammar, that it's hard to take him seriously and makes this forum less attractive.

Jun 10, 2010
Yep! Go back and look at schwarzeneggermagic's old posts. They are all either asking for advise on sloppy, performance videos that show little or not practice or posts that ask useless questions like, "what should I buy" or "what is the best ____." I hate to bring up other forums, but he does this on the Ellusionist forum too! And no matter what the post is, he has such terrible grammar, that it's hard to take him seriously and makes this forum less attractive.

Mhm. I learned long ago (before getting into magic) that while many people don't have perfect grammar or spelling, they atleast try to correct it and formulate their words into phrases that people don't facepalm themselves reading. But yeah, as a general rule, studying your material, not exposing ****, and typing with better grammar and spelling means people take you more seriously and are more willing to help.

In case you don't believe me, I recommend reading posts by the users "towtox" and "towtoxgta".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results