What is the difference between different stripper decks?

Dec 5, 2015
I've always loved using strippers decks but I started researching up different types of strippers. I was wondering what is the difference between a Negative Stripper and Bathroom Stripper compared to the standard one? Is one better than the others?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Classic or Side Strippers - The long side of the cards are stripped

Hindu or End Strippers - The short ends of the cards are stripped

Belly Strippers - The stripping is either convex or conclave and can be side or end.

Negative Strippers - Only certain cards are stripped (think Aces, Kings, Queens and Jacks) in a way that allows you to find each of those types of cards separately (that is producing the Jacks first, Queens second, Kings third and Aces last).

Bathroom Strippers - An impromptu stripper deck made using broken glass while in the bathroom. However, it is probably easier to use a corner short card and a nail clipper.

Lawnmower Strippers - Another impromptu stripper deck made using a push lawnmower (LEGAL NOTICE: this is not a recommended way to make a stripper deck, serious injury, dismemberment or death could occur, not to mention that the jagged cut ,as well as the blood and grass stains on the deck, are a clear indication that it is not a normal deck)

Greater Magic explains a lot about the various stripper decks, Negative Strippers are discussed in Bruce Cevron's Castle Notebooks (if my memory is correct) and in Jason England's Sub Rosa, and the lore about Bathroom Strippers is from Vernon's "Inner Secrets of Card Magic" and if you try to make a Lawnmower Stripper, I'd recommend getting some books by Rene Lavand.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Lawnmower Strippers - Another impromptu stripper deck made using a push lawnmower (LEGAL NOTICE: this is not a recommended way to make a stripper deck, serious injury, dismemberment or death could occur, not to mention that the jagged cut, as well as the blood grass stains on the deck, are a clear indication that it is not a normal deck)
This has got to be a joke, right?

Nov 3, 2018
Classic or Side Strippers - The long side of the cards are stripped

Hindu or End Strippers - The short ends of the cards are stripped

Belly Strippers - The stripping is either convex or conclave and can be side or end.

Negative Strippers - Only certain cards are stripped (think Aces, Kings, Queens and Jacks) in a way that allows you to find each of those types of cards separately (that is producing the Jacks first, Queens second, Kings third and Aces last).

Bathroom Strippers - An impromptu stripper deck made using broken glass while in the bathroom. However, it is probably easier to use a corner short card and a nail clipper.

Lawnmower Strippers - Another impromptu stripper deck made using a push lawnmower (LEGAL NOTICE: this is not a recommended way to make a stripper deck, serious injury, dismemberment or death could occur, not to mention that the jagged cut ,as well as the blood and grass stains on the deck, are a clear indication that it is not a normal deck)

Greater Magic explains a lot about the various stripper decks, Negative Strippers are discussed in Bruce Cevron's Castle Notebooks (if my memory is correct) and in Jason England's Sub Rosa, and the lore about Bathroom Strippers is from Vernon's "Inner Secrets of Card Magic" and if you try to make a Lawnmower Stripper, I'd recommend getting some books by Rene Lavand.

What are the Pros and Cons of the different types of stripper deck? Especially concerning belly vs. side strippers?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results