What is the name of that trick ?

Jan 25, 2018
Second trick in the video almost in the middle of clip line . About minute and a half . please tell me where to learn this . Thanks in advance.

Jan 25, 2018
Can you tell us the time in the video where the trick you are looking for starts (I.e. time stamp)?This guy is too cringy to watch completely.
Hi , Dominus
This is the time lapse in the video that I ask for the trick

This is a different video but the same trick , the trick starts at 0:40

I really want to know about this trick(What is the name , Where to learn . etc. )
Thanks in advance !
Cheers !
-Stenley

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I'm not sure of the exact method of the trick but I believe it is a version of brainwave. Vernon popularized the eight card brainwave. Here on Theory11 Lennart Green had the mirror count which was another version of the same effect. Rick Lax has a treatment of the effect called Reverse Psychology.

All of those require you to have a table. I believe if you find what is marketed as a brainwave deck and familiarize yourself with the gimmick you will find out how the trick works. I wish I could give you the exact creator of the effect for crediting and so you can purchase it from the best source.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I'm not sure of the exact method of the trick but I believe it is a version of brainwave. Vernon popularized the eight card brainwave. Here on Theory11 Lennart Green had the mirror count which was another version of the same effect. Rick Lax has a treatment of the effect called Reverse Psychology.

All of those require you to have a table. I believe if you find what is marketed as a brainwave deck and familiarize yourself with the gimmick you will find out how the trick works. I wish I could give you the exact creator of the effect for crediting and so you can purchase it from the best source.
I thought he was asking about the trick where he has someone look at a card in the deck, he places one face down in their hand and it changes. I remember seeing something close to that on a Bill Malone tape.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Jan 25, 2018
I thought he was asking about the trick where he has someone look at a card in the deck, he places one face down in their hand and it changes. I remember seeing something close to that on a Bill Malone tape.

Yes , Bill Malone does trick that is close to that I search but Its not I'm looking for . Can you give me more extended information about the sources (I don't want to change the card in spectators card I just want to know the thought of card)

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Yes , Bill Malone does trick that is close to that I search but Its not I'm looking for . Can you give me more extended information about the sources (I don't want to change the card in spectators card I just want to know the thought of card)
I can't give you extended information on a trick I don't know the name of, unfortunately. I have a good feeling about what method he's using, but I can't be certain. Perhaps @RealityOne will know?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Perhaps @RealityOne will know?

Seriously… you're making me watch that video... no Red High Victorians for you! ;)

I don't think it is a marketed effect. The force is a face-up psychological force. The earliest reference I can find in my library is in Greater Magic on page 329 in a section titled "Forcing the Mental Selection of a Card and Tricks Therewith." There also are several versions, including the use of fans and riffles, in Professor Hoffman's Modern Magic, More Magic and Tricks with Cards (all of which I inexplicitly don't have in my library... yet).

Nonetheless, it is a "hot trick."

Last edited:

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Seriously… you're making me watch that video... no Red High Victorians for you! ;)

I don't think it is a marketed effect. The force is a face-up psychological force. The earliest reference I can find in my library is in Greater Magic on page 329 in a section titled "Forcing the Mental Selection of a Card and Tricks Therewith." There also are several versions, including the use of fans and riffles, in Professor Hoffman's Modern Magic, More Magic and Tricks with Cards (all of which I inexplicitly don't have in my library... yet).

Nonetheless, it is a "hot trick."
I hope you can forgive me! :( I had to watch both of them so I understand the pain.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results