What is this gimmick called?

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Skip ahead in the video to about 5:20, this is from a Criss Angel Episode. He was doing this coin routine, getting three coins into a glass, and the last coin he throws the poker chip and it goes through the deck, and into the glass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaaJj1wCP04&feature=related

Sorry for the video being so long, I couldn't find another performance of this. But I remember seeing this gimmick available somewhere, I just can't remeber where.

Jul 10, 2008
No gimmick is used, just as Criss stated at the beginning, it's sleight of hand. Grab Modern Coin Magic read up a bit, practice, and then watch this video again. Peace.

John

Feb 10, 2008
I think you're looking for the "Flight Deck" by John Kennedy.
Amazing gimmick, I've seen it used live and it really is quite stunning.

---
JK

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, whether you use the flight deck, or good ol' fashioned SoH for this effect, this phase of the coins to glass effect is a winner!

I recommend David Acers coins and glass routine, it's mint!

Also, as an aside, does anybody do John Kennedys 'flutter' from AoA?
Awesome routine.

CL

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
No gimmick is used, just as Criss stated at the beginning, it's sleight of hand. Grab Modern Coin Magic read up a bit, practice, and then watch this video again. Peace.

John
He does use a gimmick. The first 2 chips are done by sleight of hand and patter, but the last one uses a gimmick. The deck - unfortuantly I don't know what it is or how it works. The way he says 'this is a Criss Angel deck' implies that he invented the gimmick. very smoothly done though.

Mar 29, 2008
I don't get this group - Chr!s gave you the right answer - David Acer does this...from his book NATURAL SELECTIONS

QUARTERMAIN: Three coins penetrate a regular deck one by one, dropping into the drinking glass upon which it is resting!

Why are there so many posts with such little information - people just post to feel like they are contributing? I mean, The Wordsmith is saying how sorry he is for an accidental post...I am more concerned with the thread bumping done by people that offer NOTHING in factual knowledge.

Bobo's coin magic?! WTF!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results