What is this method of DL called?

Nov 4, 2017
I was mindlessly practicing David Blaine’s DL. When squaring up the pack with my right hand after the move I lifted my right hand to do it again and my right pinkie snagged the right corner of the deck (as opposed to the middle finger in Blaine’s DL). I caught it on the first pinkie phalange furthest from the hand, not at the tip of the pinkie. I then started paying attention because it was weird.

I played around with it a little and continued the Blaine DL by rotating the bottom left of the DL on the inside of my palm near the thumb exposing the card. As I rotate, the grip of my right hand changes to the position of the Stuart Gordon DL. Once the rotation is complete I turn the DL back over the same as Gordon, completing the move. It’s sort of a Blaine/Gordon hybrid.

Having just blown my own mind I went searching for the name of what I just did. I honestly can’t find the move on any database, website, or on YouTube.

So my question is, what is this DL called? On the off chance I actually stumbled on something new I claim trademark and copyright! Ha! I hope I described it clearly. I don’t have a video to post.

Thanks for any help.

Jason

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Okay, first off, David Blaine doesn't have an original double lift. The type of doubles you are looking at are called stud doubles. This has to do with the way the card is pivoted at the base of the hand. I don't think what you have is original.

The most influential stud doubles are as follows.

The Jennings double found on page 5 of Expert Card Technique. Devious Standards by Jamy Ian Swiss covers a few stud doubles. He discusses, Daley's strike, Nash's Knockout, Krenzel's Drag out Double as published by Harry Lorayne, and Dingle's DD. Secrets Draun From Underground covers another stud double.

Nov 4, 2017
I’ll take a look. Thanks. I was certain my months of experience got me to a place no other card person had thought of in the entirety of human history! Well......not really.

Reactions: Josh Burch
Aug 15, 2017
I’ll take a look. Thanks. I was certain my months of experience got me to a place no other card person had thought of in the entirety of human history! Well......not really.
lol :D
but I freaking love the world of DLs...so many ways to achieve the same effect, but each one better than the other in some way or the other.
This is the beauty of magic. How obviously simple DLs are, and how terrifyingly amazing they look!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results