What no other magician or book will tell you about!

Here is something for that will help make your magic strong and better. This thing alone will give you a ton of advice by itself!

These are the things that only few magicians, if at all, will tell you about. I am talking about THE real secret of magic.

http://www.irvingquant.com/The Secret.html

I am taking this off in a month, so be sure to read it while it is there!
Also, feel free to discuss it here and ask me any questions. I stay busy all the time, so it might be difficult for me to answer a billion questions. Just be patient.

All the best,

IQ

See what others are saying:

http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=178381&Main=25807#Post178381

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=278983&forum=2&11

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 16, 2008
Wroking Overseas
Thanks for posting this article. I feel like I have reached a point in my magic career to where I need a Mentor badly. I love magic, but with all my dreams and aspirations, I feel like it is going no where if I can not find someone who is as serious about the art as I am, and has been around the buisness for a while. But at the same time, that is a huge challenge, becaues most people that have that much knowledge and experience do not have the time to metor you. But, I will continue to read, watch, practice, and perform so that i can learn as much as I can on my own until the oportunituy presents itself.

Mar 29, 2008
I would love to have a status link here, where people voted for posts or something and then someone on this forum could be considered a group Mentor...instead of a mod role, someone that can offer advice and knowledge and we know the source can be trusted - ex. voice of experience rather than a nube stating opinion.

What do you think?

Couch* Cough*...raises his hand to volunteer.

Very respectful article.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I would love to have a status link here, where people voted for posts or something and then someone on this forum could be considered a group Mentor...instead of a mod role, someone that can offer advice and knowledge and we know the source can be trusted - ex. voice of experience rather than a nube stating opinion.

What do you think?

Couch* Cough*...raises his hand to volunteer.

Very respectful article.

As usual, M, great idea.

Perhaps it will be considered by the powers that be!

CL

Guys, I am very sorry that I am showing up here late. This post has been made on the cafe and on Genii, and I am just getting some feedback that is hard to fight back with on my schedule. But I am glad that you guys found it of interest and help. I am trying to keep up with replies, but I have been really busy with my magic these past few weeks (high season in performances) so I will be slow in them. Nonetheless, as I have mentioned to others, if you got any questions or anything you want some advice on, post it here and I will do my best to help. I am offering my hand to anyone who seeks help. I might not know the right answer sometimes (nobody has the right answers to everything), but I can definitely point you to the people that do.

Pass this article on to others you think it will help.

Dayton76,

All it takes is one advice, and that advice evolves into a much bigger thing. I remember Roger Klause (rest in peace) at the TAOM conventions. He would always help people, and you would see a crowd sitting in the floor just to hear Roger give his wisdom (I was in that crowd a lot). Ask anyone at that convention and they will say the same. A lot of people in Texas considered Roger as a mentor, even when it was a distant one. He helped a lot of people indeed. He was a master.

What I have noted lately since I posted this article, which I had forgotten about since I decided to get away from the world of magic because of the ego issues, is that the "knowledgable" magicians will rarely extend their hand to you. But the true masters will but only if you approach them politely and honestly.

A professor in a university will never tell a student to go away and not come back because he is "busy", but a student in your class that knows more about the subject than you will. Get the analogy? So find somebody is wants to, who actually cares to, and you will not only get a mentor but a friend.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Very good article.

Both well written and well thought out. I can tell you put a lot of work into it, something that is always appreciated when I go to read something.

I've been doing magic, more seriously, for about a year now and have just now started trying to find my style. I'm sure a mentor would help, and the flailing, now covered Morgician has actually been helping me the past week or so.

Anyway, thank you for the pleasant read and sound advice.

-Rik

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results