What Technique is Derek Delgaudio Using

medic91whiskey

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Burbank, CA
I just purchased Riffle Stacking by Jason England. Awesome material in case anyone is interested in it. He goes into great detail with multiple exercises in how to stack your cards. Does anyone know if there is a specific technique for staking or how to go about it when the deck is shuffled for you? I saw a clip of Derek Delgaudio on a Spanish show I think where the host took the deck and mixed the cards around in a random mess on the table.

And then Derek took the deck shuffled a bunch and quickly produced the aces one at a time with a dead cut each time. I know how he is able to do so with the dead cut, but is he using another technique in addition to riffle stacking in this situation? I am going to be working hard on my riffle stacking regardless but I just want to be aware of all available techniques for further study. I would love the be able to do so as well by letting someone else really make a mess of the order of the deck and perform accordingly.

Jan 28, 2015
Discussions about technique are excluded from this rule? Otherwise you would have to delete quite a few topics from this forum.

The issue here Joey is that you were exposing the techniques of a particular effect by a particular magician.

If the OP would have asked something like "Hey, I'm having problems with my classic pass, could someone give me a few pointers on how to make it better?" and you gave them some tips on how to improve it, not a problem, in fact we're being a bit lenient on that to be honest.

Helping others get better is what a magic community should be about, but giving details of methods on a routine by a magician isn't helping, it's exposure.

Thanks for understanding.

|| Steven

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Helping others get better is what a magic community should be about, but giving details of methods on a routine by a magician isn't helping, it's exposure.

Agreed. I think there's a line here. As a community we want to avoid revealing methods of other people's routines and discussing that openly on the forums. It's helpful to be discrete or to supply helpful resources for further study like the OP mentioned. Joey144, no offence is intended, as you were trying to be helpful.

Let's keep it back on topic, thanks all.

medic91whiskey

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Burbank, CA
Hmm I suppose I should have phrased my question more carefully. I see where the mods are coming from though. I should have asked perhaps for some gambling materials where a deck is shuffled by a spectator and the magician is still able to produce the aces in a similar fashion instead of out right asking what his personal method is.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results