What trick gives you the best reactions?

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
In a routine, I notice how some tricks (cards) give better reactions than others.

For me in order on best reactions to average.

1) Stigmata
2) My version of triumph
3) Poker cheat routine
4) Here and there, simple transposition (my opener)
5) Jumping Gemini (not good in groups, but good for one on one performances)
6) My personal Sandwich effect

What trick do you do, gives you the best reactions.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
we magicians usually spend hours on knuckle busting sleights, or spend lots of money on expensive gimmicks, or sit in our rooms and spend hours practicing our flow, patter and working off of a reflection....

the effect for me which 9/10, gets THE best reactions and is said to be my best trick (though i personally dont like it that much) is

2 card monte... simple, pure, impossible magic when done right, it requires no real difficult sleights and within a few days you can have it down perfectly when used with misdirection... from a spectators point of view its magic...

Oct 30, 2007
Slovenia,Ljubljana
mine is for sure Blank out from Justin Miller that can be found on the DVD Guerrilla guide for using loops. Second one is i think for my opinion Moving pip effect also taught by Justin Miller using the gaff deck.

REGARDS

MALNSK

It's hard to say really. Stigmata is amazing when you use the business card technique but, with other effects you get different reactions according to the type of effect it is. Factory Sealed gets great reactions, Hofzzy Osbourne or any Transpositioning routine does.

Those are probably some of my favourites.

-RA69

Woot for 1,000 posts :)

Sep 2, 2007
probably my vanished sandwich and 2CM and my Tivo 2.0 routine. (Tivo 2.0, a card in box, and then fallen. it flows really well with the right patter)

Sep 1, 2007
I like "out of this world" but any of the DBsquared tricks go over really well, i do "card to mouth" and "the collectors" quite often and they get great reactions almost every time.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
2CM
Biddle Trick
Mercury Aces
Las Vegas Leaper

Interestingly, noone mentioned ACR :) I dont do it yet cause i didnt practise it enoguh, but what reactions do you get from it?

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Asking for the "best reactions" is very vague.

For example, performing Control wouldn't often get people rowdy and screaming and running around. You'd be more likely to see people with their hands over their gaping mouths, eyes wide open and heavy, slow breathing.
A trick like Witness or Panic would probably get a more animate reaction.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I get really great reactions every time I perform the Haunted Deck and Hair with Loops. I also get great reactions when I perform, Mindbender, Stigmata, Hover Card, Factory Sealed and Handshake from the Ellusionist Stained Skin line.

-Cyrus

Jan 5, 2008
Drury Lane
To be honest, it has to be DejaVu from theTrilogy.
I start of by doing simple tricks, then move on to card to mouth, card to pocket, then my spectators ask me "Do your best trick!!"
Heh. Then that's when I get them. They're all hyped up.

I've been able to do that trick with all angles surrounded, even though that's hard to do (not bragging)

I guess it's really a successful trick for me.

Aug 31, 2007
I'd have to go with Biddle trick, 2 card monte, simple card revelations, and my own ACR with a card to mouth finish (gets the specs everytime!).

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I believe presentation plays a big role in the reactions of the effect, but a presentation of magic is worthless without a strong effect at its core. That being said, some of my "biggest" effects are: ACR, Biddle Trick, Witness, Ultimate Transpo, Indecent.

In fact, Indecent has received great reactions for me. Not screaming and running around, but I've had two people, one of which happens to be a beginner magi himself, say that it was the best effect they had seen me do... oh, and if it matters, they were the only two watching.

Nov 30, 2007
My best is probably word in a million where the spectator can pick any word out of a book and I know what it is. Another good one that I love when it works is when I can get a spectators card to go into there wallet or purse. Right now I working to do that signed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results