What would you like to see?

Hey guys! I'm currently in the process of writing a screenplay that I would like to direct next summer. It is a comedy film and the basic plot follows two mediocre magicians who are trying to make their way in the birthday party performance business.

What I need from you guys is what would you like to see in the screenplay? It can be anything. I'm about a quarter of the way through but I'd love ideas to play around with :).

The two main characters are absolute idiots, one of them is in love with the other. They live together, eat together, work together, etc. I'd say it's kind of like Flight of the Conchords meets Harold and Kumar... but with magicians.

I'd love to hear some ideas :)

Mitch

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
An argument between the birthday kid and the magician should ensue. As well as a full on brawl with all the kids at the party vs magician....not that...this has happened to me before or anything.

-ThrallMind

May 2, 2008
An argument between the birthday kid and the magician should ensue. As well as a full on brawl with all the kids at the party vs magician....not that...this has happened to me before or anything.

-ThrallMind

Fighting with children has happened in too many films..

Mitchell, if there is any exposure in this film I'll wrap your face in Flash Paper!(joking)

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Cool :D

Nice idea, I would like to see a quick dialogue along the lines of:

Magician: "And your card is the only one face up in the deck..."

Spec: "That's not my card..."

Magician: Yes it is!

Spec: No it isn't...

Etc. :)

Lol sort of old but can be funny right?

Ok enough rambling,

-Sanj

Mar 29, 2008
The two main characters are absolute idiots, one of them is in love with the other.

wait, so ones gay? I guess you could make a balls joke with spongeballs.

"Hey Sean"
"What?"
"Can you grab my balls?"
"Okay"
"Wtf are you doing?!?!?!?"
"I, uh, erm, sorry"

Aug 31, 2007
You can always base a scene off of the classic magician's rabbit joke. Pretty much lets say your two characters are visiting a fellow magician's house. They arrive at the house to see their good friend's magical rabbit covered in dirt in the neighbor's dog's mouth. So in an attempt to save their friend from the grief of his rabbit being killed by the neighbors dog, they wash the rabbit off, head inside their friend's house, and put the rabbit back in it's cage. They hope he'll think it died of natural causes. A day later their magician friend arrives at their house for a visit. They're sitting there, talking, when suddenly he brings up the dead rabbit. He says something like "So my bunny FuFu died...". They reply "Whoa, what happened???". He replies, "Well, I don't know for sure, but when he died I buried him... The strangest thing happened though... Some sicko dug FuFu up, washed him off, and put him back in his cage!". Cut to your two characters with dumbfounded looks on their faces...

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
You can always base a scene off of the classic magician's rabbit joke. Pretty much lets say your two characters are visiting a fellow magician's house. They arrive at the house to see their good friend's magical rabbit covered in dirt in the neighbor's dog's mouth. So in an attempt to save their friend from the grief of his rabbit being killed by the neighbors dog, they wash the rabbit off, head inside their friend's house, and put the rabbit back in it's cage. They hope he'll think it died of natural causes. A day later their magician friend arrives at their house for a visit. They're sitting there, talking, when suddenly he brings up the dead rabbit. He says something like "So my bunny FuFu died...". They reply "Whoa, what happened???". He replies, "Well, I don't know for sure, but when he died I buried him... The strangest thing happened though... Some sicko dug FuFu up, washed him off, and put him back in his cage!". Cut to your two characters with dumbfounded looks on their faces...

Hahaha, I like this - Put this in!

- Sean

Have one of them attempt a simple card trick, 'Pick a card.'

Have the other person place the card back into the deck, and simple produce a card from the magicians pocket, 'IS THIS YOUR CARD?'

And have it as a different card.

Have the spectator say something along the lines of 'Its not, but you were close!'

Then have the magician say 'Well, how about... THIS!' and in some form of big feat (Big lights, big production etc something cooler than just producing the card) but still have it wrong.

'Its not, but wow, if that was my card, that would have been awesome!'

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
A fail-safe magician: Spec picks a card, heckler knocks cards out of magician's hands, spec's card is the only one that falls faceup. A heckler keeps knocking cards out of a flourisher's hands only for him to keep conjuring card fans from nowhere.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results