What's a good card magic DVD in the UK?

Aug 24, 2008
There >
Hey guys, does anybody know of a good card magic DVD that would be great for a beginner? You know, that teaches moves such as the double lift, the pass, some transpo tricks and stuff or even ambitious card. And it needs to be sold in the UK.

This is cause I'm trying to get a friend of mine who lives in the UK started into card magic.

Thanks! :D

*edit* I just found out that I made this thread in the Coin section, LOL so moderators/admins, feel free to move this if possible...

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 24, 2008
There >
Thanks guys, I'll check those ;)

Anybody else?

Also, I just noticed I made this thread in the Coin FOrum, what a fail! LOL

So, could a moderator move this? Or would I have to make another thread? Thanks!

Sep 1, 2007
Greg Wilson's "Double Take" is a great DVD for a beginner and should be available in most online magic stores. www.magicbox.uk.com is an excellent store (and one of the few who stocks bicycle seconds - great especially for a beginner who doesn't want to lay out a lot of cash).

I found John Guasaferro's "Brainstorm" DVDs to be a great next step after Double Take - everything is really well broken down and pretty accessible once you've acquired the basics. Then of course there's the rest of Greg's DVDs.

As far as UK-based magicians are concerned, James Brown's DVDs really stand out - there's a great deal to be learned from these, but that's for later on down the line as he does assume a certain level of competence.

Cheers,
David.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
He outlined his friend is a beginner.

If you drop the magicbox an email, address it to Michael and ask for his advice on good source or reference material for the beginner. Michaels a standup guy, and very knowledgeable. He is a great guy to ask for advice!

CL

Oct 6, 2008
Sheffield UK
I would recommend R. Paul Wilson's DVD of The Royal Road to Card Magic. Also get a copy of the book. When you read the book you tend to put your own spin on the presentation of the effect. If you only watch DVD's it becomes second nature to copy the performers mannerisms and you become a copy of them not an individual performer.

First Post ........ Cherry Popped

Woo

Sep 8, 2008
I was going to just say Daryls Encyclopedia of Card Sleightsl... Nuff sed. But it would be unfair to leave out the Royal Road to Card magic series too. I dont have the DVD's but the book certainly proved helpful to me!
I couldn't recomend Daryls Encyclopedia of Card Sleights ehough though vols 1-8, yes pricey for the whole set but worth EVERY last penny!
As far as commenting on the other suggestions Pearlmans Born to Perform would be a good bet and Double take by Mr Wilson not bad, but I think for the amount of material your getting Daryls Encyclopedia is the way to go!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results