What's the best graphically designed deck?

scottmcb

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I want to buy a present for a friend - late birthday present. He's really into graphic design and I think a really nice deck of cards would be a great present. What is the deck of cards with the best design work in your opinion? And if you feel like writing why I would love the extra explanation.

Thanks!!

Dec 29, 2011
If he likes graphic design, I'm sure he'll love Sentinels, they are designed so extremely well, and its not just the backs either, the whole deck has a theme, and every element abides by that theme. It all just works so well and looks so nice.

If not, maybe Rebels, but they have standard faces.

Monarchs are worth a mention too, but as good as they look, they are quite simple, it depends on his taste.

My final suggestion, is not a t11 deck, but any of the Split spades, particularly silver, are quite amazing too.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
I really love all of John Carpenter's work. Aurum, Tendril, Deco. Beautiful decks. The Artifice Decks have a very nice back design. I love the Virts deck as well, very geometric. Great for flourishing. All of the Smoke and Mirrors, particularly the Luxury edition, had great back designs. In terms of actual graphics, the V3s would probably be the most appealing of the group. Archangels are a GREAT example of design, as they were done by hand. Really amazing illustration, hard to believe it was done by hand. The Federal 52 decks are extremely complex in their design, and emulate the "bank note" feel perfectly.

The Seronda and Primavera decks are awesome, they express a sense of duality. For court cards, you can't go wrong with the JAQK decks and the Actuators. Those decks have faces that will blow you away. Sentinels have nice court cards as well. The simplified court cards of the Smoke and Mirrors set has always been one of the most appealing aspects of the series.

It's very hard to define the "best", but those are just some of my favorites.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results