What's The Difference Between A Flipper Coin and a Flipper Pro Gravity Coin?

May 3, 2008
I recently bought a flipper coin and have noticed that there are many different types of them on the market. Could somebody please describe to me the difference between a regular flipper coin and a a flipper coin with the pro flip system and the flipper coin pro gravity. Also, are either of these worth purchasing if I already own a basic flipper coin because my current one is beginning to ware down.

Sep 7, 2008
The Flipper Coin you have now is most likely a Pro-Flip coin. To open the gimmick, you must shake it open.

A Pro-Gravity coin, on the other hand, opens pretty much automatically. For example, if you hold the edge of the coin, the insert flops down. You do not need to shake it open. Also, this type of coin will lay flat on a surface (such as a table, hand...) in the open position. Also, a Pro-Gravity coin usually has a real edge on the insert, while a Pro-Flip coin has a groove around the insert piece.

thumbnail.asp

The above picture is a Pro-Gravity coin. Notice the real edge on the insert piece. Also notice how it is laying flat on the surface.

y1p6-t_f2YeBw2OiKFg-ojijQBN6IxLyAApKlaItFPiTH2nnnjyYKp6gVESgtIqBAc--TxnqRyuWwc

Here's what the inside of a Pro-Gravity coin looks like, Those coins were made by Todd Lassen.

May 3, 2008
Thanks that's really helpful. So does the fact that a Pro Gravity coin doesn't snap shut limit you from certain effects? Does that mean that it will just flop open if not held correctly.

Sep 7, 2008
The Pro-Gravity coin snaps shut just as quickly as a Pro-Flip coin. Obviously, if you hold the coin by the edges it will open. But if you hold the coin naturally at your fingertips it will stay shut.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results