What's the Greatest Gimmicked Trick Ever?

Dec 10, 2007
Hey guys, Ive been doing card magic for about a year and 4 months now and i feel that i have some pretty solid slights now. I practice for about 8 hours a day, mostly flourishing but a lot of magic too. Ive been trying to get a job a restaurant for a while now but havent had much luck. Every time I've gotten the chance to audition I've crushed it and been hired on the spot. But most of the time i dont even get that chance. So what im looking for is something gimmicked. Not because im lazy and dont want to put in the time to learning a slight that could accomplish the same feat but because i want something so magical and impossible that it cant be achieved by slights. So that if/when i do get a chance to audition i will have such an undeniably magical closer they will have no choice but to hire me lol.

I want something hard hitting and visual. Something preferably with cards because it makes for an easy transition for me because i do almost nothing but card magic. I was thinking about getting WOW but tell me what you guys think. And if you can post links to youtube Demos that would be great also.

Thanks,
DJDonkeyPuncher

Apr 7, 2008
Well, I'd say it depends on how much money you want to spend. I just got the Extractor and it does exactly what the ad copy says it does--it enables you to perform a seemingly totally impossible card-to-deck-to-anywhere. However, it's not cheap--but that also ensures that not many of your competitors will be using the same effect.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Either Strange travelers, Distortion or Panic Invisible deck. Now for awesome non- gimmicked stuff Witness,or Infusion (E).

-Michael

Jan 14, 2008
philippines

id say distortion... when you just finished a trandposition effect then do distortion and the best part is they see the cards change in front of them...

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Sorry to say this to everyone who says distortion or panic....but....WHAT ???? Are you serious? Those are great effects, but.....NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING can even touch the power that the invisible deck has. It is the #1 hardest hitting gimmicked trick I own and perform regularly. I have had a room full of people SCREAM when the card is turned over.

Don't think I'm bashing Distortion or Panic (both of which are VERY clever and beautiful tricks / effects / routines)....but like I said, they don't even come close to the power of the Invisible Deck.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Invisible Deck is awesome for sure. Card to any location is always a hit. If you can pull it off, Healed and sealed is a reputation maker.
For the Canada Day show I did, I did ambitious card, but I gave a small case (a mini attache) to a spectator before I began. After the trick was finished I asked the spec to open the case which had a paperclipped card inside. I then did Sankey's Paperclipped. It rocked.

j

Sep 1, 2007
The Anything Deck. I have never gotten reactions from any other trick I do that are like those when I reveal the word the spectator was thinking of.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
there are so many better gimmicked and nongimmicked tricks than invisible deck.

One: If you are going to make such a strong claim, examples of these so called "better gimmicked and nongimmicked tricks" are needed. Otherwise, everyone has no choice but to disregard anything you say.

Two: Even if you do give examples, you are wrong. Invisible Deck takes an obviously impossible feat, but makes it possible, in the seemingly easiest handling around. Not only that, but ID has many different possibilities for performance depending on the taste of the magician. And, if you perform it right, you take away the "two impossible to be good/ real," element, out of the trick, and you are left with just an amazing, unexplainable experience.

For a gimmicked trick, nothing comes close.

And to pre-emptively argue your point of "I also said there were better nongimmicked tricks," well, I dont care... because the original poster asked specifically for gimmicked tricks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results