What's The Official Name of This Effect?

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
To be honest I'm not sure of the official name for it, but it's a nice, fairly standard card routine.

He does the mechanics quite well, but I really don't like his performance...

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
haha, I totally agree that his patter is exciting and engaging. If his tricks sucked, then he wouldn't be as famous as he is today.

Oh, he's got some of the best minds in magic working for him. The tricks are beautiful. Stunning. Wonderful. The patter? Not the case :) I never liked the kind of patter where the magician just goes over what he's doing. "Is that it? Oh, that's not it? Here, I'll rip it up, cause it was a mistake. Hold that." I fail to see any imagination, creativity or emotion in that performance. If he wasn't David Blaine and he just submitted the performance to the Media section here, I'm sure you'd all be saying the same thing.

PS- Am I the only one who laughed out load at David's acting skills from 00:13 to 00:18? LOL!

EDIT: If anyone disagrees with me (I know there are Blaine fanatics here. They're everywhere :( ), please note that this was just my opinion and that I am not going to argue about it.

Aug 31, 2007
I am no fan of boring patter, but what else do you suggest besides going through what is happening during your patter?

Stories, maybe? Please enlighten me.

Thanks. I wish to learn more about patter structure.

- harapan. magic!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results