When's the last time you went outside?

Sep 1, 2007
Stop whatever you're doing for a moment. Think back to the last trick you perfromed for a live audience. What tricks did you do? What sort of reactions did they give? Were they receptive? How was your overall performance?

Having some trouble answering that question?

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Stop whatever you're doing for a moment. Think back to the last trick you perfromed for a live audience. What tricks did you do? What sort of reactions did they give? Were they receptive? How was your overall performance?

Having some trouble answering that question?

I did hot rod.
Everyone was like WTF man your crazyy... Those cant all be the same..
My over all performance was 9/10 because i was rushing.

No trouble at all.

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
i did
- biddle
-2cm
- my own trick
- subway
- fours of a kind from royal road to magic (best reaction)
out of them all the best reaction was the trick i thought was my weakest

I performed Robert Mandelberg's 'What's Your Number' for a couple of people I didn't know yesterday (if you know the trick, you'll know why it's 1000 times better that I didn't know them).

My reactions? 10/10. I'm not trying to self glorify myself, either. It is one of, if not THE strongest trick I know. The fact that it's absolutely sleightless is a plus. Truly a great, underground effect.

I actually left their table before they 'got' the effect, but I was watching from across the courtyard (they didn't know where I went or if I was watching). They FLIPPED out. The girl who was the center of the effect actually got up and started pacing around the table shaking her head in disbelief. Everyone else at the table was just silent. It was absolutely spectacular.

No trouble at all.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Oh geez,

I haven't performed for anyone in a while due to some difficult circumstances. But, I believe the last effect that I performed for somebody was Digital Dissolve. I did it for my mother and my then girlfriend. Both of them went speechless with their jaws dropped.

I highly recommed that effect you don't have it already. It's super easy to perform and it will give you the reactions that you want.

Shane K.

I did a simple routine based on Kostya Kimlat's "Hallucogenic Gaze", but using Chad Nelson's clip shift instead of the move he uses (those who have his notes/book should know), and did a follow-up phase as well.

My overall performance was decent, I guess, I was tired at the time. This was, by the way, last night, for an old friend I stumbled across on my way back home. I was coincidentally practicing a few moves(hey, that's what school does to you), and he asked me to perform a little piece, so, sure.

I feel he reacted better than usually, perhaps due to the extremely visual aspect of this little piece. Meh.

Allan.

Oct 1, 2007
Stop whatever you're doing for a moment. Think back to the last trick you performed for a live audience. What tricks did you do? What sort of reactions did they give? Were they receptive? How was your overall performance?

I performed Split Decision at school today, it killed, everyone was freaking out.
It got the best reaction i ever got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I got the funniest reaction from a spectator so far last time I did a gig. I performed crazy man's handcuffs, finishing with the vanish of one of the bands. Anyway, everyone is very impressed, they're clapping and shaking my hand...and one lady is looking amazed and yet suspicious. I don't think anything of it until a moment later, when everything's died down a bit, I casually roll up my sleeves, showing my arms "clean"...and I hear from this lady:

"F&*K!!!"

I nearly died laughing. She also looked slightly stunned; I get the feeling she's not really a sweary person. I shook her by the hand and thanked her for a truely memorable response to my performance that I will treasure forever.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results