Where can I buy/learn that mental effect?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Study mentalism. Start with Bob Cassidy's Fundamentals, work through the 39 Steps in the back.

There are a number of ways this could have been done. When you see a TV show, you're not seeing any of the set up or arrangements that are done to make it happen.

Reactions: CWhite
Aug 27, 2017
I'm not a beginner in mental magic. I'm doing it professional since over a quarter-century. I also have all known books and DVDs (Corinna, Annemann, Literally everything from Osterlind, Banacheck, Haim Goldenberg, etc). I really have no idea how to make it like that! Not even with p..-s...w

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Really? You can't think of any way to do this with that much experience?

If that's the case then I'd say just enjoy being fooled.

Aug 27, 2017
Did you even watch the video? It's neither a force or pre-show. The only way that could be done is with a stooge, but that seems lame.

Aug 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
My take after watching the video is that it was essentially a force. I'll give you a hint...

Do you think there is a reason he didn't just send her off on her own to find a random book? ;)

Aside from that, stooges are used all the time. As lame as that may be, we are in the business of entertainment and secrets.

Aug 27, 2017
I do have an idea of how to do it with no force, but it wouldnt require some cuts in the final video.
Can we maybe talk in private?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Just from her reaction, it seems like there is the use of dual reality. If the effect she perceived is as it is shown, any rational person would have run away screaming to find a mob with torches and pitchforks. However, she merely reacts as if she is amused saying it is "cool."

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You are probably right. I also think that part of her low energy reaction was that it just plain wasn't a terribly interesting presentation.

Aug 27, 2017
Dual reality and Pre-Show seems right. That was also my thought, especially due to her reaction, but I wonder what they really did then. That is the question that I'm struggling with.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results