Where is it going?

May 19, 2008
manchester
so where is magic and flourishing going? wheres t11 going? is their any big goals in the future (wire?)

right now it just seems like magic is like a toy you bring around, like one of them dogs, you carry a deck of cards around, mess about, do a pass and a double lift and bam im a hard core underground magician (magic is nothing like that and shouldn't be).

I think what people should do is think what they love (lets say you love darkness, or does that make me a "darkdapresseddanielmadisonwannabe emo) now people have to actually perform dark magic because its what you love, not "oh but its soooo old school", perform what you love and love what you do, why you do it, what it does to the world, and what it can do for people, then, after you have become a performer, that actually performs what you love, thats when you are a "hard core" performer.

so... where is magic going? and where is t11 going?

Oct 5, 2008
I guess no one knows...thats the thing with magic expect the un-expected. We all will see whats in front of us soon.

May 19, 2008
manchester
yeah, just please t11 dont just realese effects, start some kind of project, to make people perform, make some kind of world wide day were everyone performs or something - or maybe, you could "Make" people perform, say that if you post a video fo a really good live performance then you get a free 1 on 1 or something?

maybe thats a stupid idea I dunno I just think magic derservs sooooo much more.

Make people perform. i am pretty new in magic well it has already almost been a year sense i started and most of that time is practicing saddly. i practiced a few moves so much to get them so perfect i didnt realize how many problems i had until i started showing people. i finally got so annoyed i just thought why waste any more of my time if im not going to show people so i started to. its going good so far the other day i performed 6 times and yesterday only twice cuz i was being lazy and didnt feel like it. but i made a goal to perform atleast 1 time a day for a little while and see if i can build it up. but making people perform is probably a good idea i like it anyway. sorry for my rambling i dont know where t11 is going its a nice site not for all the tricks there isnt that many.. but for the people which is alot more valueable then new tricks. where magic is going i dont know either. peoples attitudes are changing not just the performers but the spectators also. so im not sure where its headed.

May 19, 2008
manchester
yeah, performing is awsome fun, people just dont realise that once you have performed 10/20 times the nerves go... completely.

magic should become more... magicial ...which is why I like the idea of stuff like saw and wounded, its shocking, in your face, something your not gonna forget, and impossible :)

oh well...

I just started and it is very fun! i have so much to improve! That makes it very interesting! you can only practice a slieght for so long. If magic goes anywere i think it might take a different turn and maybe new items will be used more then right now. idk.

May 19, 2008
manchester
yeah maybe, thats already starting to happen, (magic with the iphone) but people also need to (I think) respect how magic is mystical and not just "is this your card", not saying thats bad but treat it as magic, not as a trick, which people dont do, then the people they perform to think its a trick.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
you need to realise that t11 is just a site. everything else is up to you. what you make of magic, how YOU yourself can advance the art. Its all on you. But if we as a community sit around and wait for the t11 HQ to give us things like

"start some kind of project, to make people perform, make some kind of world wide day were everyone performs or something - or maybe, you could "Make" people perform, say that if you post a video fo a really good live performance then you get a free 1 on 1 or something?

maybe thats a stupid idea I dunno I just think magic derservs sooooo much more. "

then we arent advancing anything. we are just little worker bees. fan boys.

not to shoot you down man, but i personally dont like the idea of making people perform for gifts. All our performances shouldnt be done to win prizes. they should be done for the love of performing. for the art. for your audience.
again, i stress, this isnt a personal attack on you.

-F

May 19, 2008
manchester
yeah I understand totally :)

it just seems like magic isnt going anywhere, or is it?

I know t11 is just a site, but its better than most other magic sites (omgyoursuchafanboy) and I wanna know where their taking this?
I mean I wanna start something in magic as well, but im only 13, when im older im gonna live of magic (busking) and im gonna make sure people realise that this is an art form, but right now I wanna know whats gonna happen.

oh well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results