Where would you be without magic?

Mar 14, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
(I'm new to the forums, so I don't know if this has already been discussed.)

I was thinking a few minutes ago about where I would be without magic or cardistry. And I have to tell you, it's not pretty. I can honestly say that magic is really my main source of socialization. It's how I interact with others. What are your thoughts on this?

First off welcome to the forum.

If I didn't have magic I would have created a cure for cancer, graduated high school at the age of 14 and would be in a university working on a PHD in biochemistry.

No but seriously I would be able to function like any other person who doesn't have a hobby.

Mar 15, 2009
Minnesota
If I had never discovered magic, I'd be very lonely - I'm naturally shy. Magic has earned me the nickname "Houdini" at school, it has made me friends that I never would have made without magic, and it has made me more confident.

After performing now for 6 years (and I'm only 13 :D), when I think back to my life before I performed magic, it seems miserable. Even though I was little, I was always the kid who was picked on. I was too shy to call other kids off, and as a result of that, I really became the "outcast", if you will. I had almost no friends.

All of that changed when I saw a David Blaine special on TV. I begged my parents relentlessly until they took me to my local magic store. I bought a book on card tricks, and a "Nickels to Dimes" trick. I performed Nickels to Dimes and a simple card trick to one of my few friends, and they were blown away. After a few days of showing my friends these tricks, crowds began to form, and soon I was the talk of the entire grade. I was able to keep everyone entertained with new tricks for almost the entire year, and even when I didn't have anything new to perform, kids were still nice to me. It took me a while to realize that magic had made me more socially confident. I knew most of the kids in my class pretty well, and they all seemed to respect me.

Without magic, I would have (and probably still) been an outcast. Magic has made me more confident; it has made me feel better about myself. I have friends, and I'm moderately popular. Everyone knows me, and that just goes to show that if you can find a way to express yourself, no matter how shy you are, you will feel better about yourself, and make some good friends.

Oct 1, 2008
earth
well I am on the tennis and soccer team so in the spring and fall i dont find much time to do magic but without magic, i would be a bit lower as far as popularity goes and i would be your average Petey. :)

I was thinking a few minutes ago about where I would be without magic or cardistry. I can honestly say that magic is really my main source of socialization. It's how I interact with others. What are your thoughts on this?

Where would I be without magic?

1) Have a girl friend
2) Own a home
3) Have a stable job
4) Have a college degree
5) Have friends who don't run every time I get within 15 feet of a deck of cards
6) Couldn't think of a six
7) Have Friends period
8) Can afford to feed myself and a family of four

I could probaby list a few more. =P

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results