Where you can learn amazing and 'brand new' magic!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
A friend shared this video with a group of us after our meeting. There is so much wisdom here. I love when he says at the beginning that the ideas are so old, they are brand new. I hope this encourages many of you to explore knowledge of those before you. At the meeting, I had a young guy say to me confidently and with pride: "oh I don't do books". I could tell.

And if you have the patience to listen through the whole thing, Vincent shares a couple of moves and his thoughts on those moves.

Enjoy friends!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I will watch this later tonight when I am off work, but yes, almost all of today's material is just old effects from books only the effects are "dressed" differently if you will. I have found gems in old linking ring magazines from the 70's and 80's.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Michael is an amazing magician and a really classy guy. I can't wait to watch this.

I love when he says at the beginning that the ideas are so old, they are brand new.

Funny, I've spent the past couple of days going through certain effects in Encylopedia of Card Tricks, the Jinx and Anneman's Full Deck of Impromptu Miracles. This morning I was trying to track down copies of Kapplan's The Fine Art of Magic and Marlo's Advance Fingertip Controls.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Thank you for sharing, Justin! This is a video I really needed to see. I started smiling as soon as he pointed out that the origins for that one handed top change technique were described in Houdin's book (and I didn't stop smiling from that point). Such a wealth of information; I have always admired Michael Vincent and this video perfectly sums up why.

After watching this video I immediately got caught up on the daily entries from Giobbi's Hidden Agenda and stared at my book collection thinking "Wow, I should go explore way more often." I have had the Complete Works of Derek Dingle for quite a few years and I don't think I've even really given it that much of a read. I feel so ashamed that so much material is just sitting on my shelf waiting to be discovered. Not only that, I have Mnemonica, Magic Way, Sonata, Blomberg's Laboratories, and even a few Card College books (to name a few) sitting on my shelf just patiently waiting.

I'm definitely going to make more of an effort to really sit down and study/learn what I can from these books. I'm really disappointed with myself that I haven't gone through them much at all, but as they say, better late than never!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results