Where's Dan Sperry?!

Funny or Serious Dan Sperry?

• Total voters
Jan 18, 2009
Maryland
Where's the funny Dan Sperry? I love his material, but if you compare the instructional part of card manipulation 1 (Which is AMAZING) to cookie cutter???? It's a whole different Dan! Also if you check out card manipulation Volume2, he's not so...:D.... if you know what I mean! What do you think?

P.S. If Dan Sperry is reading this, where is your Las Vegas show located. If you have one?:(

wow, i'm beyond honored to be able to say i was a poll on theory 11...this is crazy...i'm surprised anybody cared actually...

here's the thing - basically you have to cater to your audience and who you are performing to...you have to be able to be flexible take the copperfield show for example, it has its serious moments but there is a lot of comedy sprinkled throughout the show. David is serious when he needs to be and funny when he needs to be. I've taken a lot of inspiration from guys like quentin tarantino who is the same thing, he can take something serious and make it demented and funny in a dark sort of what, that is what I can relate to the best. Even when I'm doing my "serious" - for lack of a better word - magic there is still a lot of lightheartedness in the act, rewatch the lifesaver routine and my dove act I'll also be posting my new piggy bank routine where i dress up like a pig and slit my wrist and my where do the ducks go with a beaten dead baby seal as examples soon and you'll see what I mean by ways of taking a serious thing and making quirky and light hearted and there is nothing wrong with that at all. I wouldn't say I'm a "funny" or "comedy" magician really - I have to put that in some of my promo material otherwise laymen hiring me wouldn't get it - but in all truthfulness I wouldn't say I'm either a comedy/funny or serious magician - magic is an art and its all about what my audience takes away from it and all I can do is hope and pray they like it.

Jan 18, 2009
Maryland
WOW dan sperry posted something on my thread. Thats amazing! But anyways i thought about this thread for a bit and i do agree that he's just in a class of his own! Back to whats important.... Dan Sperry posted something on my thread!!!!!!!!:p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results