Which decks do u prefer T11 or ellusionist

Feb 23, 2014
I may be biased (this is, after all, the theory11 forum!) but I think the difference is night and day: theory11 is in a league of their own with playing cards. Best efforts by other companies, at best, rival what theory11 has been doing for years, dating back to Monarchs, my personal favs.

I also like the fact that theory11 places a big emphasis on charitable connections. Other companies have tried to follow ("save the bees" and USPC with pink decks), but that's hard to compare to decks like charity: water with 100% of the proceeds going to a charity that literally saves lives.

Anyways, to each his own. Whatever style of cards you like, get. It's art, and art is deeply personal, so there's no need to debate and no objective winner.

Reactions: bengabing
Sep 23, 2015
(this is, after all, the theory11 forum!) but I think the difference is night and day: theory11 is in a league of their own with playing cards. Best efforts by other companies, at best, rival what theory11 has been doing for years, dating back to Monarchs, my personal favs.

I also like the fact that theory11 places a big emphasis on charitable connections. Other companies have tried to follow ("save the bees" and USPC with pink decks), but that's hard to compare to decks like charity: water with 100% of the proceeds going to a charity that literally saves lives.

Anyways, to each his own. Whatever style of cards you like, get. It's art, and art is deeply personal, so there's no need to debate and no objective winner.

“I may be biased......,Night and day....... ”Do u mean u preffer E.

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
well tbh the only designer deck i have is Madison rounders i really really really like daniel madison his personalty and his books are really good and he's really a good cardist too and madison rounders design really caught my eye can't say about its handling or rather i am upset with it, they don't bend and the reason for me to have this deck is because the country i am from i find it really expensive to pay for 10-13 doller shipping for a deck so i found a local website who were selling those decks so i just got them :D the reason i just didn't got decks from theory11 is because i don't have a credit card :D but willing to order a monarch soon have heard really great thing about it so i can't say i prefer e-decks because i only have one of those designer decks and really upset with it . if monarchs come i will tell you :D after comparing them

Sep 23, 2015
well tbh the only designer deck i have is Madison rounders i really really really like daniel madison his personalty and his books are really good and he's really a good cardist too and madison rounders design really caught my eye can't say about its handling or rather i am upset with it, they don't bend and the reason for me to have this deck is because the country i am from i find it really expensive to pay for 10-13 doller shipping for a deck so i found a local website who were selling those decks so i just got them :D the reason i just didn't got decks from theory11 is because i don't have a credit card :D but willing to order a monarch soon have heard really great thing about it so i can't say i prefer e-decks because i only have one of those designer decks and really upset with it . if monarchs come i will tell you :D after comparing them
Thanks... They dont bend because they are mostly made for gambling routines... Lk Second deal, false shuffles, bottom deal stuff.......

Reactions: graffhead

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I have had a few E decks over the years. All of them had really thick card stock. Apparently for them to be more durable? But all the decks I have feel really bulky. T11 had centurions which felt thick like that, but overall the stock is thinner and feels nicer on most of their decks imo. The sentinels were my favorite stock (very light) and the monarchs are a nice balance.

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
E for ONLY their Black decks and Gaff Decks, and If you are a card collector i guess you would want every deck t11 has ever produced. Now to think of it I would really wish if t11 could manage to get a few top magicians to collaborate into making their own Gaff deck, and when I say Gaff deck I mean to say that the Gaffs can b used as a secret invisible cards that takes the effects to the next level without the been seen

Sep 23, 2015
I have had a few E decks over the years. All of them had really thick card stock. Apparently for them to be more durable? But all the decks I have feel really bulky. T11 had centurions which felt thick like that, but overall the stock is thinner and feels nicer on most of their decks imo. The sentinels were my favorite stock (very light) and the monarchs are a nice balance.
Is the deck
Whats do u feel is better for card tricks like double lifts, culling , spreads, passes Etc.Thick or thin stock???? Mostly double lifts are problem for me....

Sep 23, 2015
E for ONLY their Black decks and Gaff Decks, and If you are a card collector i guess you would want every deck t11 has ever produced. Now to think of it I would really wish if t11 could manage to get a few top magicians to collaborate into making their own Gaff deck, and when I say Gaff deck I mean to say that the Gaffs can b used as a secret invisible cards that takes the effects to the next level without the been seen
Any idea about E`s kings and Artifice deck. How are they??

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
The only Ellusionist deck that seems to me to have a noticably thicker stock are the Bicycle Masters which are designed to last longer. With the Artifice and other E decks that I have they just seem like a step up in quality from regular bicycles. There is no difference in handling for magic. With practice, you can perform any sleight on any deck. It really comes down to whether you like the look of the deck.

Let me give you some honest advice. If you want to become a good close-up card magician, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON CUSTOM DECKS. Buy regular bicycles in bulk (compare prices at T11, E, Kardwell, etc.). Be aware that the Rider Back Cards will cost more than the standard ($30 a dozen vs. $15 a dozen). I use the standards for practice and the Rider Backs for performance.

THEN USE THE MONEY YOU SAVE TO BUY BOOKS. Get the Card College Series. If you are serious about magic, that is what you need to use to learn the craft. You will not become a good close-up card magician based on Youtube tutorials and single trick downloads.

Sep 23, 2015
The only Ellusionist deck that seems to me to have a noticably thicker stock are the Bicycle Masters which are designed to last longer. With the Artifice and other E decks that I have they just seem like a step up in quality from regular bicycles. There is no difference in handling for magic. With practice, you can perform any sleight on any deck. It really comes down to whether you like the look of the deck.

Let me give you some honest advice. If you want to become a good close-up card magician, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON CUSTOM DECKS. Buy regular bicycles in bulk (compare prices at T11, E, Kardwell, etc.). Be aware that the Rider Back Cards will cost more than the standard ($30 a dozen vs. $15 a dozen). I use the standards for practice and the Rider Backs for performance.

THEN USE THE MONEY YOU SAVE TO BUY BOOKS. Get the Card College Series. If you are serious about magic, that is what you need to use to learn the craft. You will not become a good close-up card magician based on Youtube tutorials and single trick downloads.
Thanks!!!! But if I order in bulk like that international delivery charges are high... Also I will have to pay high customs.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
David is correct - decks won't help any double lift - practice will. Custom decks are fun. Good to collect and a neat way to express your style. I have mostly older decks (tigers, vipers, arcane, and ghost) All are noticeably thicker compared to bicycle (even my wife noticed the difference). Ghost are the closest. A double lift is just fine with any of those decks. I prefer thinner card stock personally, but I only perform at gigs with bicycle (mostly because I go through two decks a gig from all the ripping cards).

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Good ole fashion Blue Bee's Diamond Backs No.92 . I usually order a brick a month. I have bought several decks here at T11, but my favorite deck to use to practice would have to be the Bee's

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
As a card collector I look for quality and aesthetics on both the cards and the cases. theory11 does a great job with their tuck cases. All t11 decks have really nice tuck cases made with different papers, embossing, and usually some nice gold foil work. The cards handle well and aren't thick, which is great for a magic/cardistry routine or practicing session. The actual cards are nice, and I'd say t11 produces aesthetically nicer decks. E decks are nice and they're getting better (Madison line being their best in my book). The killer bee deck looks cool, is made with a different tuck paper than standard high gloss seen on standard USPC decks, and is fully custom. However, the black paper is a turn off as it would be difficult to use in magic (for signatures).

As a consumer I look at prices. theory11 beats E at this with free shipping in the US for orders over $50, and t11 decks are cheaper. To compare, E sells the Blood kings (a nice deck) for $7.99, and t11 sells Contraband (another nice deck) for $7.95, which is marginally cheaper. When it comes to charity decks (like charity: water or the killer bee deck) theory11 still wins. The t11 c:w deck may cost more, but all the proceeds go to charity, compared to the E killer bee's 10% (88 cents).

As for customer support (which plays a big deal when I purchase things online), theory11 wins outright. For example I had a package with a deck that I wasn't satisfied with (had a minor defect on the tuck, not the cards), and theory11 sent a replacement for free. I had an issue with an order at E, which led to a long and drawn out argument that led me to stop purchasing from them. The support team here is very good, which is why I shop here. Otherwise, truth be told, I'd probably have bought a lot of Madison decks if I still shopped with E.

Dec 27, 2015
The T11 guardians that I bought were much thicker than the E Shadow Masters I got for Christmas, but I don't know if the retail and online versions of the guardians differ in thickness, because mine was the retail version.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results