Which pass do you like the best?

Jan 19, 2009
i am working on herman pass i think that pass is very good.
what pass do u think is best to Performe

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's a variation of the Herman pass created by (I believe) Alain Nu, and taught in his booklet, Any Card... It was created for the specific purpose of shifting a small number of cards from the bottom to the top under the cover of a backwards riffle.

Nov 29, 2008
It's a variation of the Herman pass created by (I believe) Alain Nu, and taught in his booklet, Any Card... It was created for the specific purpose of shifting a small number of cards from the bottom to the top under the cover of a backwards riffle.

Sounds interesting, can it be purchased online or would i have to hope it is at my local magic shop? I'm sure there are many other useful things in that booklet as well. Im sorry if this is off topic of the thread, i apologize.
Yes i believe the herman pass is very good if used correctly, i mostly use a variation of the classic pass so i can't say much about it though.

May 8, 2008
England
Dunno... I use what I guess is called a turnover pass a lot. Spread pass too. Really though with the right level of interaction just a classic pass.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Classic - Generally turn to this, it's not perfected, but it's performance ready with misdirection.
Herman - Used more when I have or suspect that I have a heckler
Riffle - Surrounded, or when I'm tired/having a bad day.

Distortion Pass sounds awesome.

Jul 19, 2008
:D

anyone here familiar with (not quite sure) the F.B. Pass? i think its from D. Dingle. how is it different from the classic pass?

anyone here familiar with (not quite sure) the F.B. Pass? i think its from D. Dingle. how is it different from the classic pass?
The basic grip was independently though of by others, though ( to my humble knowledge ) this is the place where its published for the first time. Its the riffle pass Dingle used for laymen, and its totally different from the passes in his book.

Its not taught in detail, but if you're familiar with passes you'll work it out.

Jan 19, 2009
many passes do u need big hands to cover? or if u will get it very smooth u dont need to cover very much?

i use alot of bridge card but they only come in bicycle and I want to use tally ho and other cool cards like split spades but they only come in poker size.

so should i train with bridge or poker size?

Jul 19, 2008
many passes do u need big hands to cover? or if u will get it very smooth u dont need to cover very much?

i use alot of bridge card but they only come in bicycle and I want to use tally ho and other cool cards like split spades but they only come in poker size.

so should i train with bridge or poker size?

if i'm not mistaken roberto giobbi discussed why practicing with poker-sized cards are way off better than with bridge size. Practicing with a larger one (poker size) makes it a two-in-one benefit, once you are used to a poker size, using a bridge size wouldn't be of much trouble.

Consider a situation where someone asks you to do a trick with their own deck of cards. Most people use the poker size (at least in the country i live in, which i wu'un't tell, nu-uh.)

my sisters envy me for my hands, let's say my hands are better off belonging to a girl.

Palming a card or even doing a pass is not duly "insured" by my hands in terms of cover, so with my case i usually work on the angles and misdirection which is discussed very often in the forums try browsing.

Mar 29, 2008
classic/riffle pass
Top card cover pass

and although I doubt I'll use it anytime soon in a performance, the solitary pass is fun to do.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I end up using a riffle pass the most often because ive gotten it to a point where i'm pretty comfortable with it. And it's my favorite.
Sometimes i use a hermann pass if it fits the situation (like others said).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results