Which Porper card clip size?

Jun 10, 2010
On Ellusionist.com, the Joe Porper Card clip apparently comes in two sizes - Standard, and "Slightly Larger" for E decks. I will use a clip for a variety of decks, including:
Bicycle Rider Back
Tally-Ho's
Bee Stingers
Propagandas
Centurions
Guardians
Split Spades - Lions
Smoke & Mirrors V4

Possibly some E decks in the future, but it all comes down to this - I've heard that the above decks custom made by D&D, DB, and T11 have slightly larger stock sizes then normal Rider Back cards. What I need to know is which clip size I should get, normal or slightly larger? If not, I can only get one, so which should I get?

I was wondering if it's possible to put regular sized decks like Bikes and maybe Tally-ho's (slightly thicker than bikes) into the card clip designed for the "E" decks?

Thanks in advance,
Saborfang17

Feb 16, 2010
Well, to be honest, Ellusionist does not have the standard size Porper clips. What they do it order "Large" size porpers for their custom decks, and if they do not fit (too small), then they put them in the "standard" pile. However, they are slightly larger than the original standard size.

If you order directly from Joe, and compare a standard size clip from Ellusionist, you will see the difference. I actually prefer the "standard" size that E sells.

Oct 13, 2008
Well, to be honest, Ellusionist does not have the standard size Porper clips. What they do it order "Large" size porpers for their custom decks, and if they do not fit (too small), then they put them in the "standard" pile. However, they are slightly larger than the original standard size.

If you order directly from Joe, and compare a standard size clip from Ellusionist, you will see the difference. I actually prefer the "standard" size that E sells.

That's pretty cynical... :confused:

How do you know this?

Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Get the standard one. I have the standard Porper clip and it works great. If you want you can always call E and ask their opinion as well.

May 4, 2008
I have one Standard Porper clip, and some cards do not fit there.

From the cards you have I will say what fits in my Porper clip:
Bicycle Rider Back - YES
Tally-Ho's - YES
Bee Stingers - YES
Propagandas - YES
Centurions - NO, Really, I cant put a new or used deck in there. It's impossible to get it out. I needed a knife to get Centurions out
Guardians (NEW WITH CELOFANE) - No, I dont have a opened Deck, but I cant fit the unopen one.
Split Spades - Lions - YES
Smoke & Mirrors V4 -I dont know about the V4, but the V3 dont get there

That's what works with my Porper clip. PM me if you want to know more sizes :)

Jun 10, 2010
I don't know how to PM on these forums, and atm, I'm too tired to go figure it out, so I guess i'll just ask here:

Do the following fit in the standard porper clip from E?

Bicycle Ghost Deck
Bicycle Masters Deck
Black Tiger Deck
Regular Bee playing cards

May 10, 2010
I don't know how to PM on these forums, and atm, I'm too tired to go figure it out, so I guess i'll just ask here:

Do the following fit in the standard porper clip from E?

Bicycle Ghost Deck
Bicycle Masters Deck
Black Tiger Deck
Regular Bee playing cards

The top 3, I won't think so. You'll need the bigger clip. That's simply because E's custom decks are thicker than your average Bikes or Tallys. You can actually see the difference just by comparing the box itself. I don't have Regular Bees, but I think they're the same size as Tallys and Bikes though.

Jun 10, 2010
The top 3, I won't think so. You'll need the bigger clip. That's simply because E's custom decks are thicker than your average Bikes or Tallys. You can actually see the difference just by comparing the box itself. I don't have Regular Bees, but I think they're the same size as Tallys and Bikes though.

I didn't think that the ghost or the black tiger deck would fit, but the masters?

I heard those were just like regular bikes, except with a stock about as thick as tally-ho's, with a UV500 Air-flow finish and a vamped up AOS. But oh well.

Thanks for the help, everybody.

May 10, 2010
I didn't think that the ghost or the black tiger deck would fit, but the masters?

I heard those were just like regular bikes, except with a stock about as thick as tally-ho's, with a UV500 Air-flow finish and a vamped up AOS. But oh well.

Thanks for the help, everybody.

I think I sorta mis-read your post. The regular Bicycle Masters will be able to fit i think, though with difficulty. The Shadow Masters, on the other hand, won't. At least mine looks huge enough not to fit.

However I believe the current Masters have reverted back to the standard Air Cushion finish that all Bikes are made of. At least that's what I see at the E website.

May 4, 2008
Bicycle Ghost Deck - FIT, but if you push too much it can get hard to get out
Bicycle Black Ghost Deck - FITS, but the box gets a little bad.
Bicycle Masters Deck - Dont Have those :)
Black Tiger Deck - Dont have, but Vipers DONT fit
Regular Bee playing cards - Fit

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I fell into this clip trap a few years ago. If you really think about it, most magicians use standard bikes. At Sam's club and Costco's they are about $1.00 per pack.

For the price you pay for a good card clip you could almost buy 25 brand new decks, if not more.

However, I guess I do see the flip side that if you are using expensive decks then maybe they do need the clip.

Just me rambling...I'll shut up now. Ha Ha.

May 10, 2010
However, I guess I do see the flip side that if you are using expensive decks then maybe they do need the clip.

I totally agree with this. When you're using custom decks there's more of a feeling whereby you want to make your money worth. And a feeling that you wanna protect them. They're much more expensive than Bikes anyway. To do so, you'e gonna have to make sure these cards last. The card clip grants you the possibillity of extending your deck's life, keeping it (as much as possible) behaving like a brand new deck.

Jun 10, 2010
I imagine they will fit in the slightly larger porper clip that has been marked "For your slightly larger E decks", but I don't own one, so I can't compare to a regular porper clip (don't own that either)

Some people have posted a list of decks that fit and don't fit in a standard clip. Why don't you try comparing the size of your wynn's to those to see if it fits in a regular clip or not? (Assuming you own any of them in question, which i imagine you have atleast some..)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results