Which regular Bikes do you prefer to perform with?

Which Normal Bikes do you prefer to perform with?

• Total voters
Sep 24, 2008
I was just curious - I prefer Blue riders, not sure why.

I have 36 decks of each, so I really have my choice, but the blue just seems to feel better to me - I know there is most likely no difference other than in my mind...but hey whatever adds that extra bit of confidence ;)

So how about you? Which do you prefer and why?

Jan 13, 2008
I prefer to use red backs, as they stand out so nicely against any background. The fact that they scream "look at me" (because red is such a bright, vibrant colour) seems like it would induce a more fair atmosphere (the cards are so noticeable, so it could make the spectator more confident that they'd be able to catch you doing anything nefarious with the cards). I don't know, it's just a thought. Either way, I like the red backs. :)

As for Split Spades, though, I prefer the blue backs...they look so much more elegant than the other colours. :)

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
On the street I rather use Red. But if i'm doing a table routine, with finesse and such, to instrumental music - then I prefer Blue Bikes.

Strikes you as wierd, doesn't it? :p

Oct 3, 2007
germany
On the street I rather use Red. But if i'm doing a table routine, with finesse and such, to instrumental music - then I prefer Blue Bikes.

Strikes you as wierd, doesn't it? :p

Not at all! :p
I definetally preffer using different decks depending on whether I'm standing or sitting. For standing I use red bikes, for sitting i'll use something else... most likely safety backs.

On topic though: red backs all the way! ;)

Aug 18, 2008
I started out buying a few gaffs for blue, and now every special deck i have is blue, so i stick with that, don't have a preference.

Mar 4, 2008
I like performing with Red, and practicing with Blue. But I recently heard that the color blue is a soothing color and makes people feel more comfortable, while red is a violent color and can make people "aggrivated/uncomfortable" subconciesnly (sp?) while watching you perform.

A bunch of malarky, or fact? I don't know...

Mar 29, 2008
haha - red is a girls colour...nice!?

I have been told by many big names - "real pro's use red", I have found for a few reasons.

Most gaffs don't come in both red and blue - actually, Josh Jay makes his overlap gimmick in just red (at least, when it first came out, not sure if he changed that)

Daryl uses red only - when I asked him why - he said because writing is more visible on the back

In psychological studies - red and blue have different effects:

Reds are also viewed as active and exciting, while the blues and greens are viewed as soothing and passive. Physiological tests have revealed similar responses. It's claimed that red hues increase bodily tension and stimulate the autonomic nervous system, while "cool" hues release tension.

Black is considered one of a kind, as it can be either evil and malevolent, yet it also stands for elitism and style. White is associated with purity whereas gray is viewed as dull or boring - perhaps makes you think twice about using a black deck?

Another interesting thing: colour therapy has different colour chakras - and it turns out blue falls by the neck - but red falls just below the waist...interesting that much card magic is done at this level...and the red deck may fall on your chakra if you are doing table magic (why did that sound so dirty) - yet blue would be great for eye level stuff?

Are you starting to see that this response is accurate, yet as ridiculous as saying the red deck is too "girly"? That is real inside box thinking.

Anyhow - I think the best reason for using a red deck is being able to write on the back for various effects - if you don't do effects like that - then it comes down to choice....at least you aer choosing a familiar deck to your audiences - and not a novelty deck sold on a magic web site...sorry T11~!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results