Which Theory 11 decks have double-backers?

Jan 28, 2017
I'm starting to get into some beginner magic and I was wondering which decks have double-back cards. The two Theory 11 decks I have, the Rarebit Gold and Animal Kingdom decks, unfortunately don't have one.

And a bonus (related) question. Which, if any, Theory 11 decks feature a double face card (e.g., Joker on one side, Queen of Hearts on the other)?

Reactions: Dean Magic

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
I'm starting to get into some beginner magic and I was wondering which decks have double-back cards. The two Theory 11 decks I have, the Rarebit Gold and Animal Kingdom decks, unfortunately don't have one.

And a bonus (related) question. Which, if any, Theory 11 decks feature a double face card (e.g., Joker on one side, Queen of Hearts on the other)?
I know the Steampunk, DeckOne, Union, Monarch, Medallion and Contraband decks all have a double backer. I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I know of. As far as I know, there aren't any T11 decks with a double face card but maybe someone else can say for certain.

Reactions: steftim
Dec 31, 2015
I know the Steampunk, DeckOne, Union, Monarch, Medallion and Contraband decks all have a double backer. I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I know of. As far as I know, there aren't any T11 decks with a double face card but maybe someone else can say for certain.

Sadly it seems that the newer Monarch decks have dropped their double-backed cards, and the V1 decks were the ones that came with the double-backed card.

On a different note, I've also seen double-backed cards in the Citizens deck, the Artisans deck, the Tycoons deck, and the NPH deck. However, through time I realized that double-faced cards are rare, and usually people split cards to make their own. My advice for you though, as a beginner (though I am in the same position) is focus less on gimmicked effects. In the beginning you'll find it much better, smarter, and more worthwhile to focus on magic effects that don't require special cards or props.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Aw man, you gotta open up those Gold Monarchs! They do not contain a double backer but that's no reason not to open 'em. You're missing out! :p

I would, but I'm not much a card guy...or a very good collector.

Those are decks that I know that people who aren't me can appreciate.

I do appreciate how much I can sell them for in order to acquire books, DVDs, and magic items though.

Then again, the last one I sold went to Pokémon cards for daughter-face and myself.

But the next one is earmarked for magic stuff

Reactions: Dean Magic
Feb 17, 2017
I don't own any T11 decks, but if you need one I know lots of E decks come with one. Black Tiger, Shadow Masters, Arcane, Tally-ho Viper and many more. Also, I don't own them but I do know Aurelian playing cards come with both a double backer and a double facer. Or you could get any of the decks other people have suggested. Hope this helpes

JPS

Dec 21, 2016
All theory 11 decks do come with jokers, It isnt hard to glue them together
*Or put in some effort and split one to make it thiner*

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
Aw man, you gotta open up those Gold Monarchs! They do not contain a double backer but that's no reason not to open 'em. You're missing out! :p

I respect your point Brett, but I totally agree with Dean here Gold monarchs really, like really looks and feels like nothing else, they even smell good LOL.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results