Who else thinks Theory11 should make minimalistic cards?

I think if Theory11 plans to release a new deck soon, it should be simple.

Not that I don't like sophisticated back designs, I do, but I think that a minimalistic brand of cards would be nice. Actually, I would rather choose a very simple deck than a complex-looking deck of cards (too bad Fontaines are too expensive, and I can't find NOC decks anywhere except online). But I still love Theory11 decks anyway.

It's just my opinion. Feel free to post yours. :)

Aug 14, 2014
I don't think that T11 should go minimalistic because that's not really their style. However, I do think that T11 should work on a deck for cardistry. I think they'd be a hit amid the T11 community due to their huge fan/user-base (not sure what the correct term is there). I mean, a good portion of T11's store is dedicated to cardistry, so why not have a deck to go along with it?

Reactions: lolhammertime
I don't think that T11 should go minimalistic because that's not really their style. However, I do think that T11 should work on a deck for cardistry. I think they'd be a hit amid the T11 community due to their huge fan/user-base (not sure what the correct term is there). I mean, a good portion of T11's store is dedicated to cardistry, so why not have a deck to go along with it?
Theory11 decks aren't for cardistry? I've been using my Medallion deck for cardistry.

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
I think T11 has branded themselves with more intricate designs that inspire class and quality. All of them can be used for cardistry, I mean decks are decks, you can do whatever you want with them: magic, cardistry, cardestroy... you name it.

For me, a deck geared toward cardistry should look great by itself and in movement, in order to be visually appealing but also to make the flow more noticeable. This definition screams for colors and minimalistic designs. But although very detailed decks seem not fit for the cardistry category, there are some relatively detailed decks that look very nice while moving, like the mystery and monarch decks. Even tally hos and arrcos look great for cardistry and they were clearly not designed for that.

I think what T11 has in store is great for both magic and cardistry. But I am curious to see what T11 would come up with if they were to design a minimalistic deck specifically and only for cardistry, while maintaining their branding. The mystery deck is a good example. What else than they throw at us?

Aug 14, 2014
Any deck could be used for cardistry. I've used monarchs and love me cards for cardistry. I was just saying that a deck that can especially stimulate the senses while doing flourishes would be cool.

Aug 14, 2014
Actually, I have decks that are so bad in quality, I can't even do simple cardistry moves like faro shuffles or fans.

:D I meant any deck, quality or design, can be used. I was just saying that there are some that are more pleasing to see than others. But it was just my suggestion, did not mean it any other way.

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
I'm also a fan of minimalistic designs, I love Rounders and Fontaines. And while it might not be T11's style currently, it would help them appeal to wider audiences, so why not?
I'd also like to see them try to make a high quality deck designed for every day use (implying low cost), similar to what E did with Keepers. Unfortunately for a lot of magic you have to destroy the cards, so it wouldn't make sense to use a $10 deck for that.

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
found a nice simple deck in the local magic store: the Madison Rounders deck. I've googled how it looks and it looks pretty good. Should I buy it or nah?
Rounders are one of my favorite decks of all time. They're perfect for close up/table card magic/artifice. They handle really nicely, but before you buy you should know that they're not as stiff or elastic as some other decks. So if you're looking to do aerial flourishes, you might want to try something else.

Rounders are one of my favorite decks of all time. They're perfect for close up/table card magic/artifice. They handle really nicely, but before you buy you should know that they're not as stiff or elastic as some other decks. So if you're looking to do aerial flourishes, you might want to try something else.
Nice! And I do mostly two-handed cuts and magic tricks (the ones that don't include signing cards, folding cards, or ripping cards), so I won't have a problem there. Maybe a little breaking in will make it more flexible? I'll try it for myself.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results