Who here actually use Fanning Powder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanning powder facts

I have fanning powder but i dont know how to apply it:confused::confused:
If u know how to apply it to the deck please help

1st of all fanning powder doesn't make your fan suck w/o it. It's only help you make the cards smoother after a long term use. 2nd of all after a long term use the fanning powder will build small dots on your card if you pay attention to it but everything as a cause of it.

How to apply fanning powder on your cards?

you will need a plastic bag and fanning powder, then place the cards inside the plastic bag w/ fanning power, final step is to shake it up until all the powder is absorbed in the cards. (Add too little powder before you add too much.)

that's all for me:)

Dec 13, 2007
i have used fanning powder

maybe its the brand i got but i don't like it very much... if found they make them much smoother at first but then after a while they clump up like theres no tomorrow

i have always used fanning powder .. and it does nothing more than keep the cards together which allows you to make your fans as big as possible without the cards falling all over the place. using fanning powder will not mess up your fans if you use a non powdered deck but your fans will not be as big as they could be.

there is no handicap/cheating when it comes to fanning powder .. because all your really doing is putting it on your cards so that the card are in a condition/state in which they are perfect for you.

i will say that if you do magic then you might want to avoid using fanning powder on the same deck you use for magic because the powder does create more friction which will make some sleights difficult to execute.

1st of all fanning powder doesn't make your fan suck w/o it. It's only help you make the cards smoother after a long term use. 2nd of all after a long term use the fanning powder will build small dots on your card if you pay attention to it but everything as a cause of it.

How to apply fanning powder on your cards?

you will need a plastic bag and fanning powder, then place the cards inside the plastic bag w/ fanning power, final step is to shake it up until all the powder is absorbed in the cards. (Add too little powder before you add too much.)

that's all for me:)

Small dots???!!!

How will this affect my cards?

Sep 1, 2007
dirt will make small dots. fan pow will help the dirt stick to the cards if you are n00b enough to drop your deck or handle it with dirty hands.

i have been known to try just a tiny pinch of fan pow ever now and then...

May 24, 2008
i use it for ruined decks. Like, i have dropped cards before working on new cuts, so i used some powder, and there as good as new.

Feb 5, 2008
I heard that if you rely on it too much, then without it, your fans would suck...

Now I'm afraid to use it.

In my opnion, It's ideal for flourishes, not magic. It makes magic sleights harder. (Harder to run, DL and jog, etc.)

I only use it on a deck if it's lost it's finish and I want a little more "bang for my buck."

If you rely on it TOO much, I can see it affecting your fanning without it a little. Because you would forget how to compensate for dirty deck condition.

Just my 2¢...

I don't use it... I don't like the touch of the cards with the powder on them... Just learn to do your fans well, and buy another deck each time it gets too hard to fan your deck.
And until you get very good with fans and general handling of the cards, don't buy special, expensive decks... You'll just ruin them practicing and waste your money.

May 10, 2008
I only use them when cards get really old, I douse em in fanning powder and then I use them for xcm. It may damage their look a little, but it definently increases the lifespan of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results