Who invented this move.. ? :)

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
The shapeshifter change is the name of it. Not the "card shake change".

Shapeshifter was Made by Mark DeSouza. However, you might be seeing the change that inspired the shapeshifter change - the Pirrouette change by Oscar Munoz. The shapeshifter is a variation on it.

It might also be the Twirl Change, which has a different handling but accomplishes the same effect. That was made by Noel Stanton.

By the way, you can check at Conjuring Archive. Or just google it...

Reactions: achmne
May 16, 2017
The shapeshifter change is the name of it. Not the "card shake change".

Shapeshifter was Made by Mark DeSouza. However, you might be seeing the change that inspired the shapeshifter change - the Pirrouette change by Oscar Munoz. The shapeshifter is a variation on it.

It might also be the Twirl Change, which has a different handling but accomplishes the same effect. That was made by Noel Stanton.

By the way, you can check at Conjuring Archive. Or just google it...
I did a searsh and i found the Shapeshifter and the Twirl Change But i did not find the Pirrouette change.... Do you have a video of it performed ?
Thank you

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Honestly, it looks almost exactly like the shapeshifter, but I believe it his held slightly more so on the short edges, rather than the corners.

Reactions: achmne
May 16, 2017
Honestly, it looks almost exactly like the shapeshifter, but I believe it his held slightly more so on the short edges, rather than the corners.
Thank you , this may seems weird but ,emm do you know how can i contact Noel Stanton or someone from his family ? and also Mark DeSouza ?
Thank you

Jul 28, 2015
Thank you , this may seems weird but ,emm do you know how can i contact Noel Stanton or someone from his family ? and also Mark DeSouza ?
Thank you

These are already standard moves in magic, not a marketed effect, gimmick or a recently marketed created move or sleigh so don't worry about contacting anybody to use it in an effect you might've created and might want to publish in the future...

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
These are already standard moves in magic, not a marketed effect, gimmick or a recently marketed created move or sleigh so don't worry about contacting anybody to use it in an effect you might've created and might want to publish in the future...

Those moves are not standard moves in magic. Shapshifter appeared in a magic magazine, Marc's book DeSouza's Deceptions and on a video put out by Ellusionist. You should not teach that move without permission.

do you know how can i contact N... Mark DeSouza?

Send me a PM if you are interested in reaching Marc and I can send you his e-mail address.

Jul 28, 2015
Those moves are not standard moves in magic. Shapshifter appeared in a magic magazine, Marc's book DeSouza's Deceptions and on a video put out by Ellusionist. You should not teach that move without permission.

Send me a PM if you are interested in reaching Marc and I can send you his e-mail address.
Really... the move is like 25 years old, I mean it's everywhere it's such a mainstream move by now... Now if somebody wanted to use let's say Chris Seversons Selenium shift which is a fairly recent move and is little known then yeah I can understand asking permission... just my two cents

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
The bottom line is that if you did not invent it, it is not yours to teach without permission. There are a lot of moves that are more than 25 years old that I don't think should be taught without permission.

The larger issue here is that I suspect that the original poster did not learn Shapeshifter from Marc's writings or video and most likely would not teach it correctly.

In this case, he can use the move in his demonstration and provide people sources for learning the move. He also could provide other alternative moves that are in public domain such as the Houdini/Erdnase Change.

Reactions: HectorE1
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results